The original low carb lasagna recipe! This "Just Like the Real Thing" keto lasagna is rich and delicious, with layers of low carb noodles topped with savory meat sauce, creamy ricotta cheese, and melty mozzarella cheese. It is the ultimate in low carb comfort food.
The best low carb lasagna recipe
This keto lasagna recipe is easy to make and tastes just like the real thing. In fact, over the years, I have been told many times that it should be called "Better Than the Real Thing" lasagna. It is so much better than zucchini lasagna. The keto lasagna noodles are so good that you can hardly tell you are eating a low carb, gluten free swap. If you have been wondering how to make keto lasagna, look no further.
Ingredients in the Best Keto Lasagna Recipe
The thing that makes this lasagna so close to the real thing is the noodles. You would never know that they are made up of just cheese, egg, and a little seasoning. Once you top them with the seasoned ground beef, homemade low carb marinara sauce, ricotta and parmesan, that is when they really shine.
For the Keto Lasagna Noodles
For the Low Carb Lasagna Filling
More Low Carb Lasagna Recipe
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. In fact, it will speed up the prep time considerably when you are ready to assemble and bake the lasagna. If you want to go a step further, you can even swap out the low carb marinara sauce and ground beef in this recipe for my Hearty Tomato Meat Sauce and make that in advance also.
With this particular recipe, you could do either. You can do all of the assembly steps ahead of time, freeze it, and then bake it when you are ready to eat it. Alternately, you could fully cook it, freeze it, and then reheat it in the oven later.
To make a larger keto lasagna, simply double the recipe and instead of cutting each "noodle" into three equal parts, cut the noodles to fit the pan you are using.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
"Just Like The Real Thing" Keto Lasagna
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This "Just Like the Real Thing" keto lasagna is rich and delicious, with layers of low carb noodles topped with savory meat sauce, creamy ricotta cheese, and melty mozzarella cheese. This low carb lasagna recipe is the ultimate in low carb comfort food.
For the “Noodles”
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
For the Filling
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ½ cups Marinara Sauce, divided (get the recipe here)
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh basil, for garnish
For the “Noodles”
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and eggs.
- Next, add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming a nice even layer.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When the "noodles" are done baking, cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then cut into thirds. This makes three perfectly sized "noodle" layers for an 8.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 loaf pan.
For the Filling:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine the ground beef, onion, oregano, garlic powder, dried basil and a pinch of salt. Cook until the meat is browned.
- Drain excess fat from pan and add 1 cup marinara sauce to meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Putting it all together:
- Pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into bottom of loaf pan. Top with the first “noodle” layer
- Layer a third of the ground beef mixture. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and 3 tablespoon ricotta cheese, and cover with another “noodle” layer. Repeat these steps.
- Cover the top “noodle” layer with remaining meat sauce, marinara and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Be sure that you are using parchment paper and not wax paper -- They are not interchangeable. The noodles will stick to wax paper, and you will not be able to get them off. It is also a good idea to grease your parchment paper.
- net carbs per serving: 5.6g
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 399
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 33.5g
Keywords: low carb lasagna, keto lasagna recipe, keto lasagna noodles, low carb pasta recipes, peace love and low carb lasagna, just like the real thing lasagna, gluten-free lasagna
This recipe is the BEST !!!!! I find it better than lasagna with "real" noodles !! It's savory, it's delicious, it's filling ! It's PERFECTO !!!!!
This recipe is just so delicious I made it again in the same week. I ended up tripling the recipe to make a full batch of lasagna because one row wasn’t enough. I used two whole jars of marinara sauce also and added sweet Italian sausage in with the ground beef. This was a huge hit and the noodles are not missed at all!
Perfect recipe!!! My whole family loved it. I followed the recipe exactly as written x2. It was more than enough for my family of 5. I definitely recommend it. I’m new to keto and will be looking for more of peaceloveandlowcarb recipes. I subscribed immediately after finishing the meal.
Made this for myself, and my husband and 3out of 5 very picky granddaughters that happened to be staying with us over the weekend, I made the noodles and just sauce and cheese. It is now my husband’s favorite way to eat Lasagna, and the 3 granddaughters ate every bite! Unlike traditional lasagna.
Absolutely amazing!!! What an incredible recipe. If you made this for me before Keto and told me it was normal, id believe you. This is going on our meal rotation for sure 🙂
Made this tonight for supper exactly as recipe is written. Fantastic meal. Thank you for an amazing recipe!!!
Kathy Bishop says
I have been making this recipe for years…both for keto and non-keto friends and family. It always gets rave reviews and they ask for more! Thank you!
recipe as written is very good. Next time I make this, I will increase sauce a bit, and decrease cheese a little.
Very good for a low carb meal