This sauce is so flavorful and easy to make that you will never want to eat store bought sauce again. It is also very versatile. You can use ground turkey, chicken, pork… Any kind of meat you prefer. You can also throw in any of your favorite fresh vegetables. Since I made it the first time, I have yet to make it exactly the same way twice. Every version of it has been simply delicious.
Check out some of my favorite low carb sauce recipes:
- Low Carb Keto Alfredo Sauce
- Three Cheese Garlic Marinara
- Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 26 Low Carb Pasta Substitutions
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 6 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried bay leaf
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large non-stick sauce pan over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with onion, garlic and sea salt. Drain excess grease.
- To the sauce pan, add tomatoes. Mash the tomatoes into meat until they are crushed and broken up.
- To the sauce, mix in tomato paste, mushrooms, oregano, basil, parsley, bay leaf, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered – 30 minutes.
Per Serving – Calories: 48 | Fat: 1.5g | Protein: 6g | Net Carbs: 3g
- Serving Size: 1/4 Cup
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***