- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with onion, garlic and sea salt. Drain excess grease.
- To the sauce pan, add tomatoes. Mash the tomatoes into meat until they are crushed and broken up.
- To the sauce, mix in tomato paste, mushrooms, oregano, basil, parsley, bay leaf, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered – 30 minutes.
Per Serving - Calories: 48 | Fat: 1.5g | Protein: 6g | Net Carbs: 3g
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/4 Cup