Would you believe me if I told you that I am 38 years old and I only starting liking tomatoes within the last year or so? Just goes to show that our tastes continue to evolve and change. I always liked tomato sauces, ketchup and things of the like, but I never cared for the texture of fresh, uncooked tomatoes. There is a recipe close to our new home and they have the most amazing side salad ever. It is so simple, but craveable. One of the things that makes it so special is their balsamic marinated tomatoes. I absolutely love balsamic vinegar. It is perfectly tart and adds such a complexity to dishes. It wasn’t long before I was making big batches of these and eating them on errrrrythang! It feels a little silly even posting a recipe for these, but everytime I post my salads on my Instagram, I get asked how to make them. (You can see pics of some of those meals below)
Check out some of my other favorite low carb tomato recipes:
- Oven Roasted Basil Parmesan Tomatoes
- Mini Caprese
- Grilled Portobello Caprese
- Eggplant Bruschetta
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Balsamic Marinated Tomatoes – Low Carb, Paleo, Whole30
- grape tomatoes, halved
- balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper
- It's easy peasy. Just slice the tomatoes and pour enough vinegar over to cover them without over saturating. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper.
- I think they taste the best after marinating for 24 hours.