Quick, easy sour lemon gummy snacks, made with gut-friendly gelatin. With endless flavor variations, these sugar free gummies are the perfect keto snack.
How to make keto gummy bears
Whether it's gummy bears, gummy worms, sour patch kids, or even Swedish fish, gummy snacks seem to be universally loved. But unlike the store-bought versions that are loaded up with sugar and strange and unnecessary additives, these keto gummies are sugar free and come with some added health benefits. From vitamin gummies to probiotic gummies, I've included modifications in this post for a wide variety of different low carb gummy recipes.
This Sour Lemon Gummy Snack recipe is incredibly easy and takes only a few minutes. While most of my recipes do not require any special equipment, to make these sugar free gummies, you will need a gummy mold. They come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, it's all a matter of personal preference. I get mine here.
Making your own gummies is as simple as combining gelatin, the fruit juice of your choice, any added vitamins or supplements you might want to add, and the sweetener of your choice to a sauce pan and combining them over low heat until you have a smooth, but pourable mixture.
From there, you just transfer it to gummy molds, chill, and enjoy! The basic proportions in the recipe below stay the same, while still making this recipe completely customizable for all tastes
Health benefits of gelatin
Not only are these keto gummy bears super quick and easy to make, but they also pack a great health punch beyond the benefits of individual fruit flavors. Grass-fed gelatin is amazing for healthy hair, skin, and nails. It helps improve joint health, reduce inflammation, and improve gut health and overall digestive strength.
You’ve got to love any snack that is delicious and enhances your wellness. Check out my Ningxia Red Gummy Bear post for even more health benefits of gelatin and for another delicious gummy recipe.
Substitutions and Variations
- Make a tart cherry version by subbing all of the liquid in the recipe for tart cherry juice.
- Make an orange vitamin gummy by subbing all of the liquid in the recipe for fresh orange juice. Then, add pure orange extract, to taste, for a more intense orange flavor. To make it sour and to add some extra vitamin C, add pure absorbic acid, to taste.
- Make pineapple gummies by subbing all of the liquid in the recipe for pineapple juice and adding pineapple extract, to taste for a more intense pineapple flavor.
- For an antioxidant rich, berry flavored version, try my Ningxia Red gummies.
- Make a mojito version by subbing the lemon juice in the recipe for lime juice and adding some pure spearmint extract, to taste.
- Make a paleo version simply by using coconut sugar as the sweetener.
- Make probiotic gummies simply by adding one capsule of your favorite probiotic per serving. Just be careful not to heat the mixture any more than you need to in order to mix it, or you will kill the probiotics.
How to make alcohol gummies
Gummies aren't just for kids. A little bit of tequila takes these Low Carb Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms to the next level. Of course, you could omit the alcohol so everyone can enjoy the strawberry margarita flavor. Even better: make 2 batches, one boozy, one non-alcoholic.
Not a fan of tequila, sub in rum to make Strawberry Daiquiri Gummies. You could even make them with rum, lime juice, and some fresh mint (or mint extract) to make mojito gummy bears.
Other keto recipes you might enjoy
- Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers
- Lemon Fruit and Nut Bars
- Pizza Chips
- Candied Nuts with Bacon
- Orange Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Keto Charcuterie Board
- Garlic Dill Baked Cucumber Chips
- Parmesan Chive and Garlic Crackers
- Vanilla Maple Keto Granola
- Chocolate Nut Clusters