These Orange Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs are loaded with healthy fats and are the perfect sweet treat. If you haven't yet experienced the flavor combination of orange and chocolate, then you are seriously missing out. Best of all they can be made in less than 10 minutes.
Ingredients in Orange Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs
- Coconut butter, coconut cream, or coconut mana: This fat bomb recipe will work equally well with either of these. Just make sure that whatever you use is the full fat version and let it soften a bit before using it.
- Unrefined coconut oil: unrefined coconut oil, also called virgin coconut oil is oil that is pressed from the coconut meat, but hasn't gone through any other processing
- Nut butter: peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter are all excellent options for this recipe.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: For this keto fat bomb recipe, you can use either unsweetened cocoa powder or dutch processed cocoa powder. Just make sure that what you are using is unsweetened - not to be confused with hot cocoa powder. (Try these Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites)
- Powdered sweetener: This is my favorite low carb sweetener. It doesn't leave a bad aftertaste or have a cooling effect.
The perfect keto valentines day dessert recipe
While you may be visiting this recipe at any time of the year, this is perfect keto dessert recipe for valentines day; the Hallmark holiday full of inflated dinner prices, greeting cards, chocolates and roses. But these are also the perfect healthy keto treat to just keep on hand at all times for when that dreaded sweet tooth strikes. Keto fat bombs recipes are perfect for just such an occasion. Even better if you are looking for a healthy keto valentines day recipe.
What is a fat bomb?
Keto Fat bombs are sweet or savory treats that give you a boost of healthy fats in a bite sized portion. Many people use them as a tool to help round out their macros and meet their daily fat intake goal. Other people love them simply because in many cases, they are a low carb, high fat sweet treat. They usually contain coconut oil, act oil, nut butters, and sometimes even avocado as the base for the healthy fats. Some people eat them as snacks, while others use them as full on meal replacements. How you choose to enjoy your keto fat bombs is entirely up to you.
Keto fat bomb recipes typically contain an upwards of 80% fat, thus the name "fat bomb". Perhaps my favorite thing about fat bombs is that they are a great portable keto snack option. Many of them need to be frozen, which means that you can take them with you on the go without need to refrigerate them for at least a few hours.
The perfect keto fat bomb
You guys! These Keto Chocolate Orange Fat Bomb Kisses are simply heavenly. At just 1.2g net carbs per fat bomb, they are the ultimate in healthy low carb snacks.
Since this chocolate fat bomb recipe is sweetened with monkfruit and erythritol, it means that they won’t spike your blood sugar levels like most store bought chocolates. You can even make these without sweetener if you prefer. The coconut adds a mild sweetness all on its own. But if you prefer a sweeter taste, then I recommend adding the erythritol.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Add some unsweetened shredded coconut
- Mix in some sugar free dark chocolate chips
- Add some chopped mixed nuts
- Substitute chopped up freeze dried raspberries for the orange
- Use peanut butter in place of the almond butter
- Use cashew butter or peanut butter in place of the almond butter
- Add some Sugar Free Dried Cranberries
- Add some hemp seeds for extra crunch and a boost of protein
- Make them in silicone candy molds
More low carb dessert recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.