These Chocolate Orange Keto Fat Bombs are the perfect sweet treat for a healthy fat filled keto Valentines Day.
The perfect keto valentines day dessert recipe
While you may be visiting this recipe at any time of the year, in present time we are inching closer and closer to valentines day; the Hallmark holiday full of inflated dinner prices, greeting cards, chocolates and roses. Jon and I don’t personally celebrate Valentines day. It is not because we live a ketogenic lifestyle, it’s just that we show each other how much we love and respect each other daily and we don’t need a made up holiday to force us to spend more, overindulge and profess our undying love.
If you have ever met Guacamole Jon, then you already know what a kind, compassionate, and loving human he is 24/7/365. However, we do love to have a healthy keto treat on hands at all times for when that dreaded sweet tooth strikes. Keto fat bombs recipes are perfect for just such an occasion. Even better if you are looking for a healthy keto valentines day recipe.
What are keto fat bomb recipes?
Keto Fat bombs are sweet or savory treats that give you a boost of healthy fats in a bite sized portion. Many people use them as a tool to help round out their macros and meet their daily fat intake goal. Other people love them simply because in many cases, they are a low carb, high fat sweet treat. They usually contain coconut oil, act oil, nut butters, and sometimes even avocado as the base for the healthy fats. Some people eat them as snacks, while others use them as full on meal replacements. How you choose to enjoy your keto fat bombs is entirely up to you.
Keto fat bomb recipes typically contain an upwards of 80% fat, thus the name “fat bomb”. Perhaps my favorite thing about fat bombs is that they are a great portable keto snack option. Many of them need to be frozen, which means that you can take them with you on the go without need to refrigerate them for at least a few hours.
The perfect keto fat bomb
You guys! These Keto Chocolate Orange Fat Bomb Kisses are simply heavenly. At just 1.2g net carbs per fat bomb, they are the ultimate in healthy low carb snacks.
Since this chocolate fat bomb recipe is sweetened with erythritol, it means that they won’t spike your blood sugar levels like most store bought chocolates. You can even make these without sweetener if you prefer. The coconut adds a mild sweetness all on its own. But if you prefer a sweeter taste, then I recommend adding the erythritol.
Do you have a favorite keto fat bomb flavor combination? I’d love to hear about it!
Fun ways to mix up these keto fat bombs:
- Add some unsweetened shredded coconut
- Mix in some sugar free dark chocolate chips
- Add some chopped mixed nuts
- Substitute chopped up freeze dried raspberries for the orange
- Use peanut butter in place of the almond butter
- Use macadamia, cashew coconut butter in place of the almond butter
- Add some Sugar Free Dried Cranberries
- Add some hemp seeds for extra crunch and a boost of protein
- Make them in silicone candy molds
In addition to these keto fat bombs, check out some of my other favorite sweet treats:
- Keto Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Keto Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Keto Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownies
- Low Carb Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books – HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, Egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY –HEREPrint
Dairy Free Keto Orange Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 15 fat bombs 1x
- Category: keto desserts
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut butter, coconut cream, or coconut mana, softened
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest or 1 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol, more to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and using a rubber spatula or hand mixer, mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag with a large icing nozzle, and pipe the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in the shape of small kisses (15 in total). Alternately, you can transfer the mixture to a resealable plastic bag and snip off the corner and then use as you would a piping bag. Another option is to place the mixture in candy molds.
- Place the tray of fat bombs in the refrigerator for one hour to set.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Net Carbs Per Fat Bomb: 1.2g
- Serving Size: 1 fat bomb
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1.6g
Keywords: keto fat bomb recipes, keto dessert recipes, keto valentines day, keto chocolate recipes, low carb desserts
Jo is the food photographer and stylist behind healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo’s a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also sweetener and dairy-free.