These Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops are filled with rich and creamy peanut butter and then coated in decadent low carb chocolate. With only 6 ingredients, and less than 30 minutes to make, you will be enjoying a delicious keto dessert in no time.
Ingredients in Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops
- Peanut Butter - It's important to use a thick peanut butter in order to be able to shape the peanut butter mixture into balls. If all you have on hand is natural peanut butter, you can add a little coconut flour to thicken it.
- Sweetener - I used a blend of erythritol, monfruit and stevia, which is a 1:1 replacement with sugar. You can use any sweetener you prefer. Some other good options are monkfruit, erythritol, brown sugar erythritol, or a sweetener blend.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips - I used sugar-free milk chocolate chips for this recipe, but it would also work with dark chocolate or white chocolate. You will see coconut oil as an optional ingredient. While you can simply melt down the chocolate on its own, adding a little coconut oil gives it a silkier texture when it hardens.
- Butter - This recipe calls for salted butter. If you only have unsalted on hand, simply add a pinch of salt to the mixture.
- Vanilla Extract - This is not required for the overall success of the recipe. They will still be delicious without it. It just adds a nice hint of vanilla flavor.
- Peanuts - I used dry roasted, salted peanuts, but you can use any peanuts you prefer. In fact, you can use any of your favorite nuts. Conversely, you can omit them altogether.
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Balls
Step by Step Instructions
1. Add the peanut butter, sweetener, butter and vanilla extract to a bowl
2. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and the mixture starts to thicken.
3. Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a double boiler.
4. Once the chocolate is smooth and silky, remove from heat.
5. Remove the peanut butter mixture from the freezer. Form into 15 equal sized balls, about 1 inch. If they soften too much while you roll them, put them back into the freezer to harden before coating them in chocolate.
6. Swirl each peanut butter ball in the melted chocolate until it is evenly coated all over. Place them on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle each one with crushed peanuts.
Frequently Asked Questions
While low carb chocolate chips used to be hard to find, most stores now carry them. However, you can usually get a better deal online. My favorite low carb chocolate chips are Lakanto, and CocoPolo. Other great brands include Lily's and ChocZero.
You can set up a double boiler by placing a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan filled with about 1 inch of water. Make sure that the bowl is not touching the water and is suspended above the water line by the rim of the pan.
Yes, you can. However, it may be necessary to freeze the mixture for longer, or to add a little coconut flour to thicken it up in order to be able to roll the mixture into balls.
The vanilla extract is not a required ingredient. It just adds a nice touch of vanilla flavor. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops are still delicious without it.
Tips and Tricks
- If you are having trouble forming the peanut butter mixture into balls, even after freezing, you can add a little bit of coconut flour to the mixture for more structure. Speaking of coconut flour, check out these Keto Lemon Glazed Donuts
- If you dont have cake pop sticks, simply use a fork or a chop stick to swirl the peanut butter balls in the chocolate
- Be careful not to overheat your chocolate as it is melting or it will seize up and you will have to start over. Warm it just enough to melt it and make it silky and smooth.
More Low Carb Dessert Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.