Low Carb Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms. All the fun of your favorite childhood treat with the adulty (yes, I went there) bonus of tequila!
Are gummy worms keto?
All the fun of one of your favorite childhood treats, with a low carb boozy spin. These Low Carb Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms are the perfect surprise treat for the tequila lover in your life. But don't be fooled by these silly looking low carb gummy worms, they really pack a punch! I am excited to preview another recipe from my book Keto Happy Hour - 50+ Low Carb Craft Cocktails to Quench Your Thirst.
Can you have alcohol on keto?
One of the questions I get the most often (besides how to order low carb at Starbucks) is how to work alcohol into a low carb diet. I got the question so often in fact, that I decided to just write a book about it. Keto Happy Hour has a little something for everyone. It is jam packed with scratch made mixers, cocktails and even some delicious low carb appetizer recipes.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY - HERE
I know that it can be tricky to navigate alcohol on a low carb diet, so I’m taking all the guess work out of it for you. I’ll show you how to indulge, while still sticking to your healthy living, ketogenic lifestyle. If you think you can no longer have those delicious Moscow Mules at happy hour with your friends, or that you have to skip those margaritas on Taco Tuesday, think again! I’m putting your favorite drinks back on the menu, the low carb menu, that is.
Whether you are craving a cocktail after a long day of work, or looking to do some healthy entertaining, this book has you covered. From mixers, to drinks and even some pub grub. It’s all in there! Mixing up cocktails should be fun and it shouldn’t come at the cost of your health and weight loss goals. Keto Happy Hour bridges the gap between feeling deprived and feeling mighty fine.
WITH RECIPES LIKE:
- Strawberry Basil Lemon Drops
- Boozy Hot Cocoa
- Dill Pickle Martinis
- Cucumber Mojitos
- Moscow Mules
- Irish Coffee
- Keto Hot Buttered Rum
- Bloody Marys
- Scratch made Low Carb Bloody Mary Mix
- Homemade low carb coffee liqueur and Low Carb Irish cream
- Low Carb Whiskey Sour
- Hot Toddy
- Cucumber Jalapeno Margaritas
- And even…
- Low Carb Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms
AND EVEN SOME FOOD RECIPES LIKE:
- Halloumi Bruschetta
- Cheesy Nachos
- Barbecue Smoked Sausages
- Pizza Bagels
- Teriyaki Steak Bites
- Avocado Keto Hummus
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Bloody Mary Roasted Nuts
- Red Wine Fudgesicles
- and more...
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY -HERE
In addition to this Low Carb Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms recipe, check out some of my other favorite keto cocktail recipes:
- The Garden Surprise - a low carb gin cocktail
- Low Carb Cucumber Mojito
- Keto Irish Ceam
- Keto Hot Buttered Rum
- Low Carb Strawberry Basil Bourbon Smash
- Tart Cranberry Cooler
- Black Beauty
Low Carb Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings (24 gummy worms) 1x
This adult version of a childhood favorite really packs a punch—sweet, boozy, and silly all at once.
Makes 24 gummies (4 per serving)
- 10 hulled strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin collagen protein (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol (I use this brand)
- 1 ½ ounces fresh lime juice
- Combine the strawberries and tequila in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry-and-tequila mixture into a medium saucepan and set over low heat. Add the gelatin, erythritol, and lime juice and whisk to dissolve the gelatin and combine the ingredients. Continue to heat for about 10 minutes, whisking frequently, until the mixture becomes pourable. It will start out very thick but will become thinner and smoother as it heats.
- Transfer the mixture to a measuring cup or a bowl with a pour spout.
- Quickly pour the mixture into the gummy worm mold and transfer to the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes, until set. Pop the gummy worms out of the mold and enjoy! Store le overs in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Special equipment: Standard-sized silicone gummy worm mold with 24 wells. Get one HERE
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 gummy worms
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.2g
Kyndra, I have made many of your recipes with great success! Thank you for your hard work!
I failed at these gummy bears. They would not set firm. I put them in the freezer, pried out with a knife, then watched them start to melt into puddles. I’m guessing my strawberries were too big so I had too much moisture? I set the timer for 10 minutes and stirred constantly. I’m wondering if you might offer a WEIGHT measure of the strawberries so I can try again. ? Would that be the trouble do you think? Thank you again — I’m a huge fan of your recipes. Your lasagna?? Ohhhh so good! ❤️
Kyndra Holley says
Sounds like maybe you used collagen peptides instead of gelatin. Can you tell me what your container says so that I can help troubleshoot?
Jess @ Crunchy Hot Mama says
This looks and sounds amazing!! I'm thinking I will make it, without the gelatin, so I can drink it rather than eat it 😉 Super excited to discover more of your keto kocktails (& will probably need your book!) .