This rich and delicious keto Irish cream is a low carb Bailey's with all the traditional flavors and zero added sugar!
Craving a Keto Irish Cream?
While Bailey's might not be keto, this recipe for a Keto Irish Cream sure is. Intense mocha flavor, keto friendly sweetness, and a healthy serving of whiskey all come together in this version of a low carb Bailey's that creamy and delicious. Because this recipe for homemade Irish cream is sugar free, you won't crash after you enjoy a glass or two. Sláinte!
How to make copycat Bailey's Irish Cream
If you're wondering, "How is Bailey's made?" or "What kind of alcohol is in Bailey's?" or if you've ever googled, "What is the difference between liquor and liqueur?" I'm here to help. Let's break it down:
- Bailey's Irish Cream is made with cream, Irish whiskey, an emulsifier (containing refined vegetable oil) a cocoa extract blend, sugar cane and sugar beet, and a few other secret ingredients
- While the bottled stuff from Bailey's is made with Irish whiskey from various distilleries, I recommend Jameson Irish Whiskey as it has 0 carbs for a 1 ounce serving
- Liquor is any kind of alcoholic drink or distilled spirit, and liqueur is just a flavored and/or sweetened liquor. Typically, liqueur is sweetened with fruits, herbs, spices, flowers, or nuts. Liqueur can also refer to cream combined with distilled spirits, like in the case of Bailey's
When it comes to low carb cocktails, it's best to make your own from scratch so that you can control the ingredients. But that doesn't mean that the recipe has to be complicated. In fact, in order to make this Keto Irish Cream recipe, all you have to do is gather the ingredients, toss them into a blender, and pulse until combined. Each recipe makes 14 2-ounce servings, and you can even store leftovers in the fridge for up to a month!
In addition to this keto Irish cream (low carb Bailey's) recipe, check out some of my other favorite keto cocktail recipes:
- The Garden Surprise - a low carb gin cocktail
- Low Carb Cucumber Mojito
- Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms
- Keto Hot Buttered Rum
- Low Carb Strawberry Basil Bourbon Smash
- Tart Cranberry Cooler
- Black Beauty
KETO HAPPY HOUR: 50 Low Carb Craft Cocktails to Quench Your Thirst.
Check out my other books - HERE
So it’s Friday night and you’re feeling alright. You’re ready to dance the night away with a cocktail in your hand. OR, if you are more like me, you want to have a cocktail at home with friends. But how do you know what to drink? What is the best alcohol for a low carb diet. Or what alcohol is lowest in carbs?
First, I'm going to break down the carbs in alcohol for you. Check out my Complete Guide to Carbs in Alcohol. If you're wondering… Can you have alcohol on a low carb diet? Is alcohol keto? You might be saying to yourself “But wait? I can’t! I’m low carb.” Well, you are NOT low carb. You're are a person following a low carb lifestyle. Do not be defined by your dietary decisions. Doing so will lead to a life of restriction and feeling restricted often causes us to stray from our intended path. Besides, who wants to pass up low carb gummy worms. Especially when they are boozy low carb gummy worms.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY - HERE
I know that it can be tricky to navigate alcohol on a low carb diet, so I’m taking all the guess work out of it for you. I’ll show you how to indulge, while still sticking to your healthy living, ketogenic lifestyle. If you think you can no longer have those delicious Moscow Mules at happy hour with your friends, or that you have to skip those margaritas on Taco Tuesday, think again! Finally, I’m putting your favorite drinks back on the menu. That is, the low carb menu.
Whether you are craving a cocktail after a long day of work, or looking to do some healthy entertaining, this book has you covered. From mixers, to drinks and even some pub grub. It’s all in there! Mixing up cocktails should be fun and it shouldn’t come at the cost of your health and weight loss goals. Keto Happy Hour bridges the gap between feeling deprived and feeling mighty fine.
WITH RECIPES LIKE:
- Strawberry Basil Lemon Drops
- Boozy Hot Cocoa
- Dill Pickle Martinis
- Cucumber Mojitos
- Moscow Mules
- Irish Coffee
- Keto Hot Buttered Rum
- Bloody Marys
- Scratch made Low Carb Bloody Mary Mix
- Homemade low carb coffee liqueur and Low Carb Irish cream
- Low Carb Whiskey Sour
- Hot Toddy
- Cucumber Jalapeno Margaritas
- And even…
- Low Carb Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms
AND EVEN SOME FOOD RECIPES LIKE:
- Halloumi Bruschetta
- Cheesy Nachos
- Barbecue Smoked Sausages
- Pizza Bagels
- Teriyaki Steak Bites
- Avocado Keto Hummus
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Bloody Mary Roasted Nuts
- Red Wine Fudgesicles
- and more...
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY -HEREPrint
Keto Irish Cream (Low Carb Baileys Copycat Recipe)
- Yield: 28 ounces 1x
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Irish whiskey
- ⅔ cup powdered monkfruit (I use this brand) Code PEACE for 20% off
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
net carbs per serving (2 oz.) - 1g
erythritol per serving: 2g
- Serving Size: 2 ounces
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.7g
Photos by Lisa and Erika of Boozy Ketones:
Don't you love it when a shared love of food and drinks can bring people together. I first met Lisa and Erika on Instagram when they tagged me in these stunning photos of my low carb Bailey's recipe. They asked if they could share the recipe, I said yes, and the rest is history. They are seriously amazing. Be sure to head on over and say hi to them!
Follow along on all their boozy adventures over on Instagram, and on their website.
Click HERE to PIN