Warm and delicious, this low carb, keto hot buttered rum mix is sure to impress. Just like the real thing but without all the carbs and sugar.
This Keto Hot Buttered Rum recipe is a nod to my childhood. That may sound really strange given that it is an alcoholic beverage, but hear me out. Along with the hustle an bustle of family coming and going, feasting and opening presents, we had a couple of other Christmas traditions in our home. After the festivities had wound down for the evening, all the adults would gather around the table, play games and drink hot buttered rum. I was so excited when I was finally old enough to take part in the tradition. To this day, we still uphold this tradition. If you have ever had a hot buttered rum, then you know that the batter contains A LOT of sugar. In an attempt to keep the holidays merry and bright without diving face first into a glass of sugar, I decided it was high time that I make my own low carb hot buttered rum batter. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we have. Do you have a family tradition that you have upheld for years and years? I would love to hear about it.
This is a great recipe to give as Christmas gifts. It yields 4.5 cups and has a serving size of just 2-3 tbsp. Whip up a batch and portion it out in small mason jars and give it with a pint of spiced rum! Start you own holiday hot buttered rum tradition.
TIP: This is also amazing in place of cream and sweetener in your coffee. Sort of like a Hot Buttered Rum Bulletproof Coffee. In fact, this might be my favorite way to drink it.
In addition to this keto hot buttered rum recipe, check out some of my other favorite keto cocktails:
- Keto Mojito
- Black Beauty – Blackberry Black Pepper Vodka Drink
- Low Carb Tart Cranberry Cooler
- Low Carb Strawberry Basil Bourbon Smash
- Complete Guide to Carbs in Alcohol
- 20 Low Carb Adult Beverage Recipes
- How to Order Low Carb at Starbucks and 10 Low Carb Starbucks Copycat Recipes
This recipe is a sneak peek into my book Keto Happy Hour. Grab a copy HERE
WITH RECIPES LIKE:
- Boozy Hot Cocoa
- Strawberry Basil Lemon Drops
- Dill Pickle Martinis
- Irish Coffee
- Homemade Simple Syrup
- Cucumber Mojitos
- Moscow Mules
- Keto Hot Buttered Rum
- Bloody Marys
- Scratchmade Ginger Syrup
- Scratch made Low Carb Bloody Mary Mix
- Homemade Low Carb Kahlua and Low Carb Baileys
- Low Carb Whiskey Sour
- Cucumber Jalapeno Margaritas
- And even…
- Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms
AND EVEN SOME FOOD RECIPES LIKE:
- Grilled Halloumi Bruschetta
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Bloody Mary Roasted Nuts
- Red Wine Fudgesicles
- and more…
This mix has just trace amounts of carbs per serving. Less than .5 per serving.
For the Mix
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated Swerve, sugar free maple syrup and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, powdered Swerve, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. Mix on low speed until the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is smooth.
Making the Drink
- Combine 2-3 tbsp of the Keto Hot Buttered Rum Batter and 1-2 oz spiced rum to 1/2 cup hot water. Adjust the batter / rum ratios to taste.
- Serving Size: 2-3 tbsp