Warm and delicious, this low carb, keto hot buttered rum mix is sure to impress. Just like the real thing but without all the carbs and sugar.
This Keto Hot Buttered Rum Mix is a must-try keto holiday recipe
This Keto Hot Buttered Rum recipe is a nod to my childhood. That may sound really strange given that it is an alcoholic beverage, but hear me out. Along with the hustle and bustle of family coming and going, feasting and opening presents, we had a couple of other Christmas traditions in our home. After the festivities had wound down for the evening, all the adults would gather around the table, play games and drink hot buttered rum. I was so excited when I was finally old enough to take part in the tradition. To this day, we still uphold this tradition.
If you have ever had a hot buttered rum, then you know that the batter contains A LOT of sugar. In an attempt to keep the holidays merry and bright without diving face first into a glass of sugar, I decided it was high time that I make my own low carb hot buttered rum batter. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we have. Do you have a family tradition that you have upheld for years and years? I would love to hear about it.
Looking for a great keto christmas gift? Give the gift of Keto Hot Buttered Rum Mix
This is a great recipe to give as Christmas gifts. It yields 4.5 cups and has a serving size of just 2-3 tbsp. Whip up a batch and portion it out in small mason jars and give it with a pint of spiced rum! Start you own holiday hot buttered rum tradition.
Keto Hot Buttered Rum Coffee
TIP: This is also amazing in place of cream and sweetener in your coffee. Sort of like a Hot Buttered Rum Bulletproof Coffee. In fact, this might be my favorite way to drink it.
In addition to this keto hot buttered rum recipe, check out some of my other favorite keto cocktails:
- Keto Mojito
- Black Beauty – Blackberry Black Pepper Vodka Drink
- Low Carb Tart Cranberry Cooler
- Low Carb Strawberry Basil Bourbon Smash
- Complete Guide to Carbs in Alcohol
- 20 Low Carb Adult Beverage Recipes
- How to Order Low Carb at Starbucks and 10 Low Carb Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Keto Hot Buttered Rum Mix
This mix has just trace amounts of carbs per serving. Less than .5 per serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes 4.5 cups 1x
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup golden monkfruit (get it here) code PEACE for 20% off
- 3 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered monkfruit (get it here)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (I use this brand)
For the Mix
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, golden monkfruit, sugar free maple syrup and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, powdered monkfruit, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. Mix on low speed until the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is smooth.
Making the Drink
- Combine 2-3 tbsp of the Keto Hot Buttered Rum Batter and 1-2 oz spiced rum to 1/2 cup hot water. Adjust the batter / rum ratios to taste.
- Serving Size: 2-3 tbsp
KETO HAPPY HOUR: 50 Low Carb Craft Cocktails to Quench Your Thirst.
Check out my other books – HERE
So it’s Friday night and you’re feeling alright. You’re ready to dance the night away with a cocktail in your hand. OR, if you are more like me, you want to have a cocktail at home with friends. But how do you know what to drink? What is the best alcohol for a low carb diet. Or what alcohol is lowest in carbs?
First, I’m going to break down the carbs in alcohol for you. Check out my Complete Guide to Carbs in Alcohol. If you’re wondering… Can you have alcohol on a low carb diet? Is alcohol keto? You might be saying to yourself “But wait? I can’t! I’m low carb.” Well, you are NOT low carb. You’re are a person following a low carb lifestyle. Do not be defined by your dietary decisions. Doing so will lead to a life of restriction and feeling restricted often causes us to stray from our intended path. Besides, who wants to pass up low carb gummy worms. Especially when they are boozy low carb gummy worms.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
I know that it can be tricky to navigate alcohol on a low carb diet, so I’m taking all the guess work out of it for you. I’ll show you how to indulge, while still sticking to your healthy living, ketogenic lifestyle. If you think you can no longer have those delicious Moscow Mules at happy hour with your friends, or that you have to skip those margaritas on Taco Tuesday, think again! I’m putting your favorite drinks back on the menu, the low carb menu, that is.
Whether you are craving a cocktail after a long day of work, or looking to do some healthy entertaining, this book has you covered. From mixers, to drinks and even some pub grub. It’s all in there! Mixing up cocktails should be fun and it shouldn’t come at the cost of your health and weight loss goals. Keto Happy Hour bridges the gap between feeling deprived and feeling mighty fine.
WITH RECIPES LIKE:
- Strawberry Basil Lemon Drops
- Boozy Hot Cocoa
- Dill Pickle Martinis
- Cucumber Mojitos
- Moscow Mules
- Irish Coffee
- Keto Hot Buttered Rum
- Bloody Marys
- Scratch made Low Carb Bloody Mary Mix
- Homemade low carb coffee liqueur and Low Carb Irish cream
- Low Carb Whiskey Sour
- Hot Toddy
- Cucumber Jalapeno Margaritas
- And even…
- Low Carb Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms
AND EVEN SOME FOOD RECIPES LIKE:
- Halloumi Bruschetta
- Cheesy Nachos
- Barbecue Smoked Sausages
- Pizza Bagels
- Teriyaki Steak Bites
- Avocado Keto Hummus
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Bloody Mary Roasted Nuts
- Red Wine Fudgesicles
- and more…