Not only is this Keto Popcorn Chicken low in carbs, but it is also gluten free, making it the perfect healthy treat while still feeling indulgent.
Is popcorn chicken actually made with popcorn?
No, in fact, popcorn chicken doesn't contain popcorn at all. It got its name because the breaded chicken pieces are bite sized like popcorn. Most fast food popcorn chicken is full of gluten and is cooked in unhealthy oils in a deep frier. But this keto popcorn chicken variation is not only low carb, but it is also gluten free. The keto breading in this recipe is also nut free. It gets its crunchy texture and golden brown color by using a mixture of coconut flour and crushed pork rinds.
What should I serve this low carb popcorn chicken with?
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Keto Barbecue Sauce
- Creamy Chive Blue Cheese Dressing
- Bacon Ranch Dressing
- Keto Honey Mustard Dressing
- Keto Russian Dressing
More keto appetizer recipes
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- How to Build an Epic Keto Charcuterie Board
- Parmesan, Chive, and Garlic Keto Crackers
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Dip
- Keto Sausage Balls
- Keto Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings