Please plan ahead for this recipe to accommodate for the 24 hours of refrigeration time.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk or heavy cream
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (this is my favorite salt brand)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups crushed pork rinds (get them here) or Nut Free Keto Breading
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder ( I use this brand of spices)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
The day before:
- Put the cut up chicken in a bowl, pour the buttermilk over it, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
The next day:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Set up three shallow bowls. In the first bowl, combine the coconut flour, salt, and pepper. Crack the egg into the second bowl and fork whisk. In the third bowl, mix together the pork rinds, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Follow this three step process with each piece of chicken: Dredge in coconut flour, coat in egg wash, and then coat in the pork rind breading. Line each breaded piece in a single layer across the prepared baking sheet.
- Baking for 20 minutes, checking often, or until golden brown and crispy
Net Carbs Per Serving: 4.6g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Calories: 466
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 63g