This warm keto taco slaw is the perfect new addition to your low carb taco Tuesday routine. Think egg roll in a bowl meets tacos. Delish!
What is warm taco slaw?
Well, this keto taco slaw is like egg roll in a bowl came to crash the Taco Tuesday party. All the same style and textures from a classic pork egg roll in a bowl recipe, but with a Mexican flair. This recipe is from my book Craveable Keto, but it was just too good to not share it all with you here as well. Plus it checks all of the boxes for me. Not only is is a keto whole30 compliant meal, but it is also a keto one pot meal, and it is ready in under 30 minutes. It’s also an excellent option for weekly meal prep or even batch cooking of keto freezer meals. It reheats really well. Winning!
Does this keto taco slaw have to be dairy free?
Of course not! Make it your own. While many people are on the hunt for more dairy free keto or keto paleo recipes, this is seriously amazing topped with some sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream. It you want to make it extra dreamy, try adding an assortment of cheeses into the mix and then baking it for 15 minutes after cooking it on the stove top. You won’t be disappointed.
What are some delicious ways to mix this warm taco slaw up a bit?
Like I said above, go nuts with it. Make it your own. But here are some of my favorite twists.
- use broccoli slaw in place of coleslaw
- add sour cream, green onions, and sharp cheddar cheese
- top it with keto pickled red onions
- use plain shredded cabbage instead of coleslaw mix
- make it with ground sausage, turkey, or chicken instead of beef
- add some chopped pickled jalapeños while cooking
In addition to this keto taco slaw recipe, check out some of my other favorite dairy free keto recipes:
- Sesame Chicken Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Keto Chocolate Muffins
- Keto Barbecue Dry Rub Ribs
- Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing
- Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Low Carb Rainbow Vegetable Noodles
- Cranberry Pecan Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
My newest book Dairy Free Keto Cooking is available for pre-order now. Check it out here
If you pre-order a copy, don’t forget to send your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim some awesome freebies as a token of my appreciation.
- 1 pound ground beef (I get all of my grass-fed meats here)
- 4 tablespoons Taco Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, with juices
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- Sea salt (optional)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced, for garnish
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Sliced jalapeños, for serving (optional)
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Put the ground beef and 2 tablespoons of the seasoning blend in the pan and cook until the meat is browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- To the skillet, add the diced tomatoes and green chilies, coleslaw mix, and remaining 2 tablespoons of the seasoning blend. Cook until the cabbage is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the olives and cook until heated, about 2 minutes. Taste and add salt, if desired.
- Top each serving with avocado slices, green onions, as well as cilantro, jalapeños, or sour cream, if using.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
NET CARBS PER SERVING: 5.6g
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: low carb tacos, keto taco recipes, egg roll in a bowl, crack slaw recipes
Craveable Keto is on sale right now. Grab a copy here
RECIPES, RECIPES, RECIPES…
Craveable Keto Cookbook has more than 145 recipes, each with a full color photo and nutritional analysis. It is packed with awesome resources to help make your low carb, keto lifestyle easier. Let’s look at some of the recipes shall we? Check out the full recipe list here.
- Dill Pickle Brined Fish and Chips
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Reuben Biscuits Sandwiches
- Steak Fajita Bowls
- Chicken Cordon Blue Pizza
- Blueberry Mojito Popsicles
- Italian Parmesan Breadsticks
- Crispy Chicken Thigh and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
- Slow Cooker 5 Spiced Beef
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs.
- and so much more…