I’m not sure which I like better, the taste of this low carb Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato and Smoked Gouda Bisque soup or the delicious aroma filling my house when I make it. It’s the kind of smell that instantly fills your mind with thoughts of cuddling up in front of the fire on those cool, cozy fall and winter days. Nothing quite warms you up on days like that like a piping hot bowl of soup.
You can easily convert this to a stove top recipe. Simply sauté the onion and garlic in a large stockpot or dutch oven. Once the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, add the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, chicken stock, tomato paste, basil, sea salt, oregano, and black pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low, cover and simmer for an hour. Puree and return to the pot. Mix in heavy cream and gouda and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
If you are a huge soup fan like me, check out my Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder. Another one of my favorites is my Paleo Cabbage Roll Soup. You can also find several other low carb, keto and gluten free soup options in the Soups and Stews section on my site.
Check out some more of my favorite low carb soups:
- Creamy Reuben soup
- 16 Bone Broth Recipes
- Beef Stroganoff Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Low Carb Cauliflower and Broccoli Cheese Soup
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8 oz smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- To the slow cooker, add tomatoes, roasted red peppers, chicken stock, tomato paste, basil, sea salt, oregano, and black pepper.
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in butter until soft and translucent. – About 10 minutes.
- Add Sautéed onions to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. This can also be done using an immersion blender. (This is the one I have.)
- Pour the pureed soup back into the slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, stir in heavy cream and Gouda cheese. Cover and cook for 1 additional hour.
Per Serving – | Calories: 160 | Fat: 12g | Protein: 6g | Net Carbs: 5g
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***