Check out some of my other favorite low carb cordon bleu recipes:
Portobello Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Makes 6 Servings 1x
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces sliced ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese (about 6 ounces )
- 2 tablespoons crushed pork rinds
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the stems from mushroom caps and slice a thin layer off of the top of the mushroom cap to allow it to sit flat. (Keep these pieces)
- Brush mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Chop the mushroom stem and cap pieces that were trimmed in the first step.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté chopped mushrooms in butter, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, chicken broth and parsley. Allow to come to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low. Add Parmesan and Dijon to sauce. Simmer on low, stirring occasionally and allow sauce to thicken.
- Fill the mushroom caps with sauce, layer with ham, cheese, ham, cheese. Top with another dollop of sauce and a thin layer of crushed pork rinds on top of the sauce.
- Bake for 7 minutes more at 400F° Then broil on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
Makes 6 servings – Per Serving Calories: 402 | Fat: 25g | Protein: 15g | Net Carbs: 5g