Check out some of my other favorite low carb cordon bleu recipes:
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 oz ham, sliced
- 6 slices Swiss cheese ( about 6oz )
- 2 tbsp Panko (sub crushed pork rinds for gluten free)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove the stems from mushroom caps and slice a thin layer off of the top of the mushroom cap to allow it to sit flat. (Keep these pieces)
- Brush mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Chop the mushroom stem and cap pieces that were trimmed in the first step.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté chopped mushrooms in butter, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, chicken broth and parsley. Allow to come to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low. Add Parmesan and Dijon to sauce. Simmer on low, stirring occasionally and allow sauce to thicken.
- Pull mushrooms from oven. Fill caps with sauce, layer with ham, cheese, ham, cheese. Top with another dollop of sauce and a thin layer of panko on top of the sauce.
- Bake for 7 minutes more at 400° Then broil on high for 2-3 minutes to allow panko to crisp.
Makes 6 servings – Per Serving Calories: 402 | Fat: 25g | Protein: 15g | Net Carbs: 5g