Portobello Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream Sauce: the most flavorful remix of a comfort food classic. Made with melty Swiss cheese, juicy Black Forest ham, tender portobello mushrooms, and a tangy dijon cream sauce, then baked to perfection and ready in 30 minutes.
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces sliced ham (about 12 sliced)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, halved (about 6 ounces )
- 2 tablespoons crushed pork rinds or Nut Free Keto Breading
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the stems from mushroom caps and slice a thin layer off of the top of the mushroom cap to allow it to sit flat. (Keep these pieces)
- Remove the gills and brush the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Chop the mushroom stem and cap pieces that were trimmed in the first step.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté chopped mushrooms in butter, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, chicken broth and parsley. Allow to come to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low. Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the Dijon to sauce. Simmer on low, stirring occasionally and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Fill the mushroom caps with sauce, layer with ham, cheese, ham, cheese. Top with another dollop of sauce and thin layer of crushed pork rinds and the remaining parmesan cheese on top of the sauce.
- Bake for 7 minutes more at 400F° Then broil on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Garnish with chives before serving.
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 Portobello Cordon Bleu
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: keto Cordon Bleu, low carb chicken cordon blue, gluten free Cordon Bleu recipe, Portobello Cordon Bleu, keto mushrooms recipes, portobello mushroom recipes