These Garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts Chips are the perfect crunchy and savory low carb snack. Fresh Brussels sprouts leaves, tossed with olive oil, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper and baked until crispy. With only 5 ingredients and less than 30 minutes from start to finish, they are a quick and easy keto treat.
Ingredients in Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Chips
- Brussels sprouts: For this crispy Brussels sprouts recipe, you want to make sure you are using fresh, firm Brussels sprouts. Frozen Brussels sprouts or wilted Brussels sprouts will not crisp up during cooking. Check out my Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce and also these Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Dijon Cider Dressing
- Parmesan cheese: I used a finely grated parmesan cheese. You could also use freshly shredded parmesan cheese. For a dairy free option, swap out the cheese with nutritional yeast.
- Olive oil: For this recipe, I used a light olive oil. You could also use melted coconut oil, or avocado oil.
- Seasonings: I kept things simple with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, but don't be afraid to go heavy on the seasoning. From time to time, I also like to add onion powder, and smoked paprika.
Step by Step Instructions
How to make crispy Brussels sprouts chips
1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Trim the bottoms of the Brussels sprouts and discard any brown, wilted leaves. Peel the outermost leaves from the Brussels sprouts to use for your chips.
2: In a large mixing bowl, toss the sprout leaves with olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3: Line the coated leaves in a single layer on the baking sheet.
4: Bake on the middle rack for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crispy and slightly charred on the edges.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Serving suggestions: These are great all on their own, but they also make a great side dish for recipes like this Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Dill Sauce, Keto Tuna Casserole, Keto Beef Stroganoff, or Antipasto Chicken
- Storage: I recommend eating these right away as they will not remain crispy when stored. However, you can add leftovers to a breakfast hash, roasted veggies, salads, eggs, etc.
- Dips: I like to serve these with Roasted Garlic Mayo, Keto Russian Dressing, Creamy Chive Blue Cheese Dressing, or Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Aioli.
- Dairy free: To make dairy free Brussels sprouts chips, simply omit the Parmesan cheese
- Whole30: To make these Brussels sprout chips whole30 compliant, swap out the parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast. It will give you that nutty, cheesy flavor of parmesan, but without the dairy.
- Flavor variations: Try mixing things up and seasoning them with homemade Taco Seasoning for a taco Tuesday variation. Add some chili powder and fresh lime juice for a chili lime variation. Season them with my Herby Everything Seasoning for the ultimate savory experience.
- Air fryer: To cook these in the air fryer, cook them at 350°F for 10 minutes or until crispy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brussels sprouts taste best when they are oven-roasted, skillet fried, or cooked in the air fryer.
Cut the end off of the Brussels sprouts and remove any dead or wilted leaves. Peel the outermost leaves from the Brussels sprouts to use for your chips. Toss with some sort of cooking fat, and seasonings, line them in a single layer across a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Brussels sprouts are a pretty universal side dish and pair well with just about any protein. Some of my favorites are steak and pork tenderloin.
More Keto Recipes
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print