We've all tried fathead pizza by now, but what about combining pizza and waffles? These Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles are a fun new spin on keto pizza.
Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles
There is nothing quite like pizza. It is classic comfort food in all its glorious perfection. When I first switched to a low carb, ketogenic lifestyle, pizza was one of the foods that I knew I would never give up. At least not if I wanted to be success at making keto a lifestyle and not a diet. In fact, if you go back through the earliest archives on my site, you will find a wide variety of different keto pizza recipes. These Fathead Pepperoni Waffle Pizza Dippers are just the newest addition to the collection.
When the craving for pizza hits, there is absolutely nothing that can curb it except for PIZZA. At any given time you can open my fridge and you are sure to find mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and a jar of low carb pizza sauce. Honestly, that is all I need to scratch the itch.
Pizza for breakfast?
When that pizza craving strikes first thing in the morning, my go-to recipe is always keto pizza eggs. You might be thinking "pizza and eggs? No way!" Trust me, you have no idea what you are missing. Run, don't walk to your kitchen and try them. Looking for another excuse to make pizza for breakfast, well then consider these chaffles before chaffles were even a thing. Whether chaffles means cheese waffles to you or Keto Chicken and Waffles, I've got recipes for both.
What is fathead pizza?
Fathead pizza crust and fathead dough in general pretty much revolutionized the low carb world in terms of its flexibility and ability to recreate so many of our favorite foods into low carb, keto versions. Take for example these Keto Everything Bagels, or these Hot Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups with Dijon Butter Glaze. I made these with different variations of the traditional fathead recipe. The sky is truly the limit with this dough. But enough of my rambling, let's get to these Fathead Pepperoni Waffle Pizza Dippers. They are pretty much my new favorite low carb appetizer recipe. Or low carb anytime recipe...Because PIZZA! Am I right?
If I don't have the ingredients on hand to whip up a fathead pizza crust, or even my keto nut free pizza crust, then I will just toss the ingredients in my trusty cast iron skillet and make low carb skillet pizza instead.
More low carb appetizers and pizza recipes:
- Keto Sausage Balls
- Supreme Pizza Casserole
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Pizza Frittata
- Cajun Trinity Keto Crab Cakes
- Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- Low Carb Greek Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (I use this brand of spices)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup pizza sauce, extra for dipping (get my recipe here)
- 12 slices pepperoni
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute.
- To the mixing bowl, add egg, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough becomes too sticky and unworkable, wet your hands. Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and divide into two equal balls. Spread each one and flatten in a circle the size of your waffle iron
- Lightly grease the waffle iron and put one of the pieces of dough in the waffle iron.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce, and 6 slices of the pepperoni. Close the lid and cook until the dough is cooked through and the edges are nice and crispy. Remove the pizza from the waffle iron and top with 2 tablespoons of the mozzarella cheese, and ¼ teaspoon of the oregano.
- Repeat the same process with the other piece of dough.
- Cut the finished waffles in fourths and serve with extra pizza sauce, for dipping.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 3g
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 2 pieces
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: low carb pizza, keto pizza, waffle pizza, gluten free pizza, keto recipes, low carb recipes
Can’t wait to try these! Has anyone made these ahead and just heated up for a lunch? I know they would be better right out of the iron but just curious!
I really want to try this, would it work if my waffle iron is square? It's a Dash, but not the mini. Thanks
Hi, I have 2 mini dash waffle irons, how many would this recipe make in those?
Kyndra Holley says
I couldn't say because I have never cooked this recipe in a mini waffle maker
Tammy Jo says
Love This Recipe!
We make it at least a couple times a week! It is often a go to for me when I close and don't want to make something at 12:30 pm . love it reheated in air fryer
Thanks for all you do!
Delicious!!!! Teenage boy approved! So easy to whip up! Thanks for another awesome recipe!!!
Kelly H says
How did you stop yours from blackening on the bottom? I wanted to make for my toddlers lunches. To get mine cooked like yours look on top it made the bottoms pretty dark. Thanks!
Kyndra Holley says
Hmmmm. Maybe try reducing the heat on the waffle iron? Hope that helps
Kayla Baker says
These were amazing! I used coconut flour and finally figured out how to use it right. Thank you!!
Hey! Great recipe! I adapted this to use coconut flour instead of almond. I used 1/4 cup of coconut flour and 1.5 eggs (I had whisked 2 eggs and added the beaten egg a bit at a time til the consistency felt right.. the other half egg went to my dog!).
Turned out great. My second dough ball was better as I left it on longer and it got really crispy.