Rich and creamy, this chicken pot pie soup has all of the flavors of a fresh baked pot pie. Best of all it is low carb and gluten free.
- olive oil
- sea salt
- onion powder
- black pepper
- chicken stock
- heavy cream
- sharp cheddar cheese
- frozen peas
For more of a true chicken pot pie feel, I like to serve this with a batch of keto biscuits or crackers. Here are some of my favorite recipes - Keto Cheddar Dill Biscuits, Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits, White Cheddar Sausage Biscuits, Parmesan Chive, and Garlic Crackers, Rosemary and Thyme Crackers
Of course, if you wanted to go a more traditional route, while still keeping things low carb, I have a recipe for that too - Keto Chicken Pot Pie
How to convert for slow cooker
Converting this Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe to slow cooker couldn't be any easier. Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours. If you are home and have the time, I recommend waiting to add the cheese and heavy cream until the final hour.
Substitutions and Swaps
- Want to lower the carbs even further? Substitute the carrots and peas with lower carb vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage, bell peppers, or onions.
- Need to make this dairy free? Omit the cheese and substitute the heavy cream with full fat coconut milk.
- Use turkey in place of chicken. You can also use ground chicken, ground turkey, or even ground beef. I get all of my grass-fed, grass finished beef, heritage pork, organic chicken and sustainable seafood here
Other soup recipes you might enjoy:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Easy Peasy Keto Wonton-less Soup
- Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Beef Stroganoff Soup
- Paleo Cabbage Roll Soup
- Smoked Sausage and Cheddar Beer Soup
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato, and Smoked Gouda Bisque
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
Want more low carb soup and stew recipes?
Is there anything more comforting on a cold day than a hot bowl of soup? In this ebook, there are 30 creative and delicious soup recipes. They utilize common every day ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store -no weird specialty ingredients here. So break out your Dutch oven, stock pot, and slow cooker, because it is soup season! These recipes are hearty enough to make a full meal, and perfect for meal prep. I like to make each one in a double batch and freeze half for later - cook once, eat twice. CHECK IT OUT HERE!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE