This soup is hearty and healthy. It is sure to warm you up on those brisk fall and winter days. It is a great make ahead meal as it freezes and reheats well. To make this recipe dairy-free, simply replace the heavy cream with unsweetened coconut mik. If you are looking for some other low carb and gluten free soup recipes, check out a couple of my favorites - Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder and Paleo Egg Roll Soup.
Other recipes you might enjoy
- Zuppa Toscana
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Keto Beef Ramen
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Chicken Soup
- Philly Cheesesteak Soup
- Beef Stroganoff Soup
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Roasted Pepper, Tomato, and Smoked Gouda Bisque
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Smoked Sausage Cheddar Beer Soup
Creamy Ham and Lentil Soup
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 10 Servings 1x
- 1 ½ cup lentils
- 32 oz chicken stock
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- 12 oz ham, diced
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup red bell peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- Thoroughly rinse lentils and add to slow cooker with chicken stock.
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté onion and celery in olive oil, until crisp-tender.
- To the slow cooker add sautéed onion and celery, ham, carrots, red bell peppers, garlic sea salt and black pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Add heavy cream and cook 1 additional hour.
Per Serving - Calories: 134 | Fat: 7g | Protein: 9g | Net Carbs: 8.7g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
This was perfect! The only change I made was to cook it on high so I could have it faster! Thank you
It's still gray and drizzly weather in Seattle, and I had leftover ham, so I made this recipe. Phenomenal! So, so very good. The crockpot made it easy. This will definitely be one of my go-to recipes!
It's winter, and I made this in the slow-cooker so I could have something hot to eat after a long day on campus. It really hit the spot!! Delicious!!
Horton Family Fun says
Love this soup made it twice now, once in the crock-pot and once on the stove top in about 25 minutes. Delicious!