This Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce recipe is super comforting and full of creamy, garlicky goodness without all of the carbs!
Keto comfort food: Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce
I have always been a big fan of cream sauces. In all my years working in Italian restaurants, it was always the cream based dishes that caught my attention and adorned my plates. The sauce in this dish is amazing and so versatile. I like to serve it over top of my Rainbow Vegetable Noodle Recipe.
In addition to this Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce recipe, check out some of my other favorite low carb chicken recipes:
- Peanut Chicken Skillet
- Pan-Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce
- Lemon Sherry Chicken
- Chicken Dijon with Mushrooms and Artichokes
- Creamy Chicken Scampi
- Keto Chicken Pad Thai
- Keto Chicken and Waffles
Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce - Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts, cut into tenders sized pieces
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 oz roasted red peppers, chopped
- a few sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Sprinkle the chicken tenders with a little sea salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken tenders to the pan. Sear the chicken, browning on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside. (chicken may not be fully cooked at this stage)
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock. Scrape off any bits that may be stuck to the pan and mix in.
- Add shallot, garlic, mushrooms, thyme and a little sea salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are soft.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the pan. Mix in until cheese is dissolved and all ingredients are combined. Stir in the roasted red peppers.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley before serving.
7.25g net carbs per serving
- Calories: 711
- Fat: 54g
- Carbohydrates: 7.75g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 48g
Craveable Keto: Your Low-Carb, High-Fat Roadmap to Weight Loss and Wellness
Check out my other books - HERE
This book has more than 145 recipes, each with a full color photo and nutritional analysis. It is packed with over 100 pages of resources to help make your low carb, keto lifestyle easier. Let">BREAKFASTS
SNACKS AND STARTERS
SOUPS AND SALADS
DRESSINGS, SAUCES, SEASONINGS, AND MORE
Got a craving? YOU CAN GRAB A COPY - HERE