I bet chicken isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think of peanut butter, but I assure you that this Low Carb Peanut Chicken Skillet will soon be a family favorite.
I know when you think of peanut butter, chicken is not usually the next thing that comes to mind. If we were playing a word association game, you would likely answer with jelly. But trust me when I tell you that it is equally as good paired with chicken. We love to serve this low carb peanut chicken skillet with a side of cauliflower rice, or vegetable noodles.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb skillet recipes:
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Skillet
- Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato and Bacon Hash
- Creamy Herbed Bacon and Egg Skillet
- Sausage, White Cheddar, and Heirloom Tomato Frittata
- Skillet Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
Sign up for updates to receive my FREE low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into tender sizes pieces
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper (about 3.5 oz), julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter, creamy
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos (get it here)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Season the chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and sear for 5-10 minutes, browning on both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the red peppers and garlic to the skillet.
- Saute for an additional 5 minutes. (Be careful not to scorch the garlic)
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken stock, peanut butter, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour sauce into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- Let simmer, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle green onions over top before serving.
Per Serving – Calories: 502 | Carbs: 12 g | Fat: 33 g| Protein: 44 g | Fiber: 3.75 g | Net Carbs: 8.25 g