This quick and easy Low Carb Peanut Chicken Skillet recipe is loaded with flavor. Tender, juicy chicken, red bell peppers, and garlic, in a sweet and savory peanut butter sauce, topped with green onions, cilantro, and peanuts. Best of all, this peanut butter chicken only dirties one pan and takes less than 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into tender sizes pieces
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand) code kyndraholley for $5 off
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos (get it here)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, sliced on a bias
- fresh torn cilantro, optional as garnish
- crushed peanuts, optional as garnish
- lime wedges, for serving
- Season the chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil. Add the chicken to the skillet and pan-sear until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes each side.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the red peppers and garlic to the skillet. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes, or until the peppers are crisp-tender and the garlic is fragrant.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken stock, peanut butter, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Whisk until well incorporated. Pour sauce into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and let simmer. Let simmer, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Sprinkle green onions, cilantro, and peanuts over top before serving, if using
- Net carbs per serving: 8.25g
- Storage: Store leftover Peanut Butter Chicken in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating this in a pan on the stovetop and adding a splash of chicken stock and a couple tablespoons of peanut butter to help revive the sauce.
- Add more veggies: This is also delicious with mushrooms, asparagus or broccoli added.
- Sub shrimp: This peanut sauce also works well with shrimp. Since shrimp cook so fast, you can just sauté them right in the sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 502
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3.75g
- Protein: 44g
Keywords: keto chinese food, asian keto recipes, low carb copycat chinese, low carb one pot meal, peanut butter chicken, asian chicken dishes