- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into tenders sized pieces
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 oz roasted red peppers, chopped
- a few sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Sprinkle the chicken tenders with a little sea salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken tenders to the pan. Sear the chicken, browning on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside. (chicken may not be fully cooked at this stage)
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock. Scrape off any bits that may be stuck to the pan and mix in.
- Add shallot, garlic, mushrooms, thyme and a little sea salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are soft.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the pan. Mix in until cheese is dissolved and all ingredients are combined. Stir in the roasted red peppers.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley before serving.
7.25g net carbs per serving
- Calories: 711
- Fat: 54g
- Carbohydrates: 7.75g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 48g