- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into tenders sized pieces
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 oz roasted red peppers, chopped
- a few sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Season the chicken on both with salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken to the pan. Sear the chicken, browning on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. Remove the chicken from pan and set aside. (chicken may not be fully cooked at this stage)
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock. Scrape off and mix in any bits that might be stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the shallot, garlic, mushrooms, thyme and a little salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the pan. Mix in the cheese has melted into the sauce and all of the ingredients are well combined. Stir in the roasted red peppers.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
7.25g net carbs per serving
- Calories: 711
- Fat: 54g
- Carbohydrates: 7.75g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 48g