This Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce recipe is super comforting and full of creamy, garlicky goodness without all of the carbs!
Keto comfort food: Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce
I have always been a big fan of cream sauces. In all my years working in Italian restaurants, it was always the cream based dishes that caught my attention and adorned my plates. The sauce in this dish is amazing and so versatile. I like to serve it over top of my Rainbow Vegetable Noodle Recipe.
In addition to this Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce recipe, check out some of my other favorite low carb chicken recipes:
- Peanut Chicken Skillet
- Pan-Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce
- Lemon Sherry Chicken
- Chicken Dijon with Mushrooms and Artichokes
- Creamy Chicken Scampi
- Keto Chicken Pad Thai
- Keto Chicken and Waffles
Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce - Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts, cut into tenders sized pieces
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 oz roasted red peppers, chopped
- a few sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Season the chicken on both with salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken to the pan. Sear the chicken, browning on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. Remove the chicken from pan and set aside. (chicken may not be fully cooked at this stage)
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock. Scrape off and mix in any bits that might be stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the shallot, garlic, mushrooms, thyme and a little salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the pan. Mix in the cheese has melted into the sauce and all of the ingredients are well combined. Stir in the roasted red peppers.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
7.25g net carbs per serving
- Calories: 711
- Fat: 54g
- Carbohydrates: 7.75g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 48g
A big hit with the whole family. Such a flavoruful dish and so easy to make. The kids had theirs over pasta. This will go into our weekly rotation. Amazing recipe!
Cassie Nickle says
My family LOVED this recipe!
Very tasty over spaghetti squash! I’m not very experienced with cream sauces so my only question is why did my grated parmesan clump together instead of blending into the heavy cream? I reviewed the directions and think I followed them exactly?
Kirsten White says
My husband and I made this tonight and it was delicious!! So yummy! Will definitely be making this again!
Erin o Morton says
This was incredible