This Creamy Chicken Scampi recipe is the perfect Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Copycat recipe. Tender, juicy chicken breast, in a rich and creamy, garlicky sauce, with sautéed peppers and onions. It is a super simple one pot meal that comes together in about 30 minutes.
Ingredients in Creamy Chicken Scampi (Olive Garden Copycat)
How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
Step by Step Directions
STEP 1: Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the chicken tenders and pan-sear on both sides until they are a nice golden brown, about 3 minutes each side.
STEP 2: Remove the chicken from the pan, cover and set aside (Chicken will not be fully cooked at this stage.) Using the same pan, reduce the heat to medium and add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, the garlic and half of the onions. Sauté until the onions are tender and the garlic is fragrant.
STEP 3: Deglaze the pan with chicken stock. Using a rubber spatula, scrape off and mix in any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add the Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to low to simmer. Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
STEP 4: Add the heavy cream and allow to simmer 5 to 10 minutes to allow sauce to begin thickening. Mix in Parmesan cheese, sea salt and black pepper to taste.
STEP 5: Add chicken back to the pan, along with the remaining onions and the mixed bell peppers. Finish cooking the chicken in the sauce on medium-low. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the peppers are crisp-tender, the sauce has thickened, and the chicken is cooked through. Plate the chicken and then pour the sauce over top. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley before serving. Then ENJOY! This is the perfect Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Copycat.
TRY THE 28 DAY KETO CHALLENGE
Lose weight, reduce inflammation, increase energy, and just feel all around awesome! If you need help getting started on keto, or you feel like you've gotten off course, then this is for you!
What to serve with the Best Chicken Scampi Recipe
- Serve it on top of Shirataki noodles - Tips for cooking below
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with Creamy Dijon Cider Dressing
- Sweet and Spicy Green Beans
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Steamed Artichokes with Lemon Caper Aioli
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage: Store leftover creamy chicken scampi in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating this in a pan on the stovetop and adding a splash of cream to help bring the sauce back to life.
- Change up the protein: Instead of making chicken scampi, you can also replace the chicken with shrimp to make a shrimp scampi. It is also delicious with pork or even salmon.
- Add white wine: To enhance the flavor even more, replace half of the chicken stock with dry white wine.
- Add more veggies: Amp up the nutritional value with more vegetables. Some of my favorites to add are mushrooms and broccoli.
- Make it dairy free: To make this a dairy free creamy chicken scampi, you can use full-fat coconut milk in place of the heavy cream and use a vegan parmesan cheese, or omit the cheese altogether. For a cheesy parmesan flavor without using cheese, you can also add a couple of tablespoons of nutritional yeast to the sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a take on a traditional scampi sauce, with the additional of cream and cheese - olive oil, butter, garlic, broth, white wine, red pepper flakes and parsley.
It is important to drain the liquid they are stored in and soak them in a bowl of fresh water for about 20 minutes. From there, drain them and give them another good rinse. If they still have an odor or feel a little slimy, soak them again. Then, drain them and dry fry them in a pan for abut 5 minutes.
Taking all of these steps will help them absorb the flavors you are cooking them in and lose a lot of that rubbery texture.
Pinot grigio, Sauvignon Blanc,
More Keto Chicken Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW Peace Love and Low Carb on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
**Recipe originally published on October 4th 2012 - Recipe updated on April 25th 2022**