This Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream is a quick and easy way to make ice cream at home without having to use an ice cream maker. It is very versatile and you can add in any of your favorite low carb ice cream toppings.
The easiest keto ice cream recipe
Way back in 2012 I made ice cream out of heavy cream. Then somehow I forgot about it and never did it again. This week my newsfeed has been inundated with the 5 minute mason jar ice cream video. After seeing it the first 3 or 4 times, I just knew that I had to make a low carb mason jar ice cream version. I couldn't believe that a quick and easy, no churn ice cream could taste so amazing. It is rich and creamy and best of all it comes in at just over 2 carbs per serving.
Why this Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream is better than the storebought stuff
By now you are probably no stranger to the low carb Halo Top ice cream craze. People are rushing out to their grocery stores trying to find new keto ice cream flavors and often times finding empty shelves. The true struggle isn't in finding it though, it is in not eating the entire pint once you get it home. This Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream is the solution to that problem.
Even if you are all 4 servings, it would still only be 9 grams of carbs. I know I would be willing to splurge 9 carbs of a rich, decadent low carb dessert, especially one with real ingredients. While the low carb/high protein "ice cream" options are loaded with junk fillers, this Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream is the real deal.
With just 5 ingredients or less and 5 minutes of your time, you can make an awesome homemade ice cream that won't break the carb bank. Best of all, you don't need any fancy equipment to make it happen. Just a wide mouth mason jar with a lid and you are set!
Other recipes you might enjoy
- Keto Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Paleo Mixed Berry Coconut Creamsicles
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
- Keto Brownie Ice Cream
Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups (4 Servings) 1x
Nutritional info does not include optional sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granular monkfruit (I use this brand) Code PEACE for 20% off
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar free chocolate chips, optional (I use this brand)
- Combine all ingredients in a wide mouth pint sized mason jar. Screw the lid on and shake vigorously for 5 minutes. The liquid in side should double in volume, filling the mason jar.
- Freeze for 3 hours up to 24 hours.
- Scoop and enjoy!
2.25g net carbs per serving
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 206
- Fat: 22g
- Protein: 1g
Mary Beth says
I added a tablespoon of PB2 wonderful. This recipe will help keep my sweet tooth under control.
Oh yum! This is so good! I added a Tbsp of MCT oil to it to hopefully keep it from becoming too hard. It was so delicious that I ended up only freezing a very small container and just ate the rest - I couldn't lick the container but I could use my finger! 😁
Thanks fir the recipe. I only had a 1/2 of cup of heavy cream so I added 1/2 cup of sour cream, plus all the other ingredients. I didn't shake and used a blender. I loved it... Next is to buy more Heavy cream and try it the "right" way. Thanks a lot.