This keto Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is a total game changer. It’s creamy, fruity and sugar free! Full of keto friendly fats, it’s a frozen fat bomb treat you’ll want to make time and time again.
The best low carb ice cream recipe you will ever taste
There's something classic about strawberry ice cream, especially in the summer. Juicy fresh strawberries are pureed and sweetened just a bit more with keto-friendly monkfruit. The strawberry sauce is drizzled over a blend of thick and creamy homemade vanilla ice cream, then topped with a gluten-free crumb topping with an added protein boost. The protein ice cream you'd find in the freezer section of your grocery store just can't compete with real homemade strawberry ice cream, especially with a cheesecake twist!
What's better than strawberry shortcake ice cream? Strawberry cheesecake ice cream!
While there's a time and a place for strawberry shortcake, this isn't it. Why? Well, because sometimes you just want a rich, smooth, decadent strawberry ice cream recipe. A keto ice cream that combines mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and creme fraiche for the creamiest ice cream EVER. Add unsweetened almond milk and that's more than tres leches, that's like ... four leches.
Customize the flavor for the best sugar free ice cream ever
I highly recommend using strawberries in this recipe, but why stop there? You could do so many variations: blueberry cheesecake ice cream, blackberry cheesecake ice cream, raspberry cheesecake ice cream. Mix them all together: mixed berry cheesecake ice cream. You really can't go wrong!
In addition to this Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, check out some of my other favorite keto dessert recipes:
- Paleo Mixed Berry Coconut Creamsicles – Low Carb Popsicles
- Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Mini Keto Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Keto Key Lime Pie Jars
- Keto Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Carb Dairy Free Peanut Butter and Jelly PB&J Smoothie
- Keto Dairy Free Shamrock Shake
Tips to ensure the best results for this strawberry cheesecake keto ice cream:
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: This recipe does call for the use of an ice cream machine. This is the one I recommend.
- Pre-freeze your ice cream container for faster freezing
- For a zestier cheesecake add 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice + 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest to the step with the heavy cream
- If you don’t like xanthan gum you could try arrowroot powder or vegetable glycerin.
- Cream cheese, eggs and creme fraiche must be at room temperature to avoid lumps.
- Using an alcohol based vanilla extract prevents the ice cream getting too hard, especially if you use erythritol as the sweetener as this sets the ice cream harder.
- Using erythritol makes it set hard so just make sure you leave it out of the freezer to warm before scooping (20 minutes to one hour. I used powdered erythritol in this recipe and it was perfectly creamy and scoop-able once warmed a little from the freezer.
Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 120 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
for the crumb topping:
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 3 tablespoons whey protein (get it here)
- 2 tablespoons powdered monk fruit (get it here) Code PEACE for 20% off
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (I only use this brand) Code PEACE for 15% off
- 5 to 10 drops liquid stevia, more to taste (get it here)
for the ice cream:
- ¾ cup quartered strawberries
- ½ cup powdered monkfruit (I use this brand)
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup creme fraiche
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (get it here)
for the crumb topping:
- Spread the almond flour out across a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 400°F.
- Place the toasted almond flour, whey protein, monkfruit, butter, almond milk, vanilla extract, salt and stevia in a bowl and mix until well combined. Make chunks by pressing bits of the dough together with your fingertips. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
for the ice cream:
- Using a high powered blender or food processor, puree the strawberries and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the monkfruit and egg yolks together until light and well combined.
- Add in the mascarpone, and creme fraiche and beat until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream, almond milk, vanilla extract and xanthan gum. Taste, and add more sweetener, if desired.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker (I use and love this one) and process according to the manufacturers instructions. This could take 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the ice cream maker being used.
- Once the ice cream is done, transfer it to a large freezable container, like the loaf pan pictured. Fold in ¾ of the crumb mixture and swirl through some of the pureed strawberries.
- Drizzle the rest of the strawberry puree on top and sprinkle over the remaining crumb mixture. Place in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours and allow to set.
- Once you remove the ice cream from the freezer, allow it to sit on the counter to soften just slightly before enjoying.
- Calories: 383
- Fat: 38g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 6.3g
Keywords: low carb ice cream, keto ice cream, strawberry cheesecake ice cream, low carb recipes, keto recipes, keto dessert, low carb dessert, keto strawberry shortcake, keto cheesecake