This keto Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is a total game changer. It’s creamy, fruity and sugar free! Full of keto friendly fats, it’s a frozen fat bomb treat you’ll want to make time and time again.
The best low carb ice cream recipe you will ever taste
There's something classic about strawberry ice cream, especially in the summer. Juicy fresh strawberries are pureed and sweetened just a bit more with keto-friendly monkfruit. The strawberry sauce is drizzled over a blend of thick and creamy homemade vanilla ice cream, then topped with a gluten-free crumb topping with an added protein boost. The protein ice cream you'd find in the freezer section of your grocery store just can't compete with real homemade strawberry ice cream, especially with a cheesecake twist!
Strawberry cheesecake ice cream
While there's a time and a place for strawberry shortcake, this isn't it. Why? Well, because sometimes you just want a rich, smooth, decadent strawberry ice cream recipe. A keto ice cream that combines mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and creme fraiche for the creamiest ice cream EVER. Add unsweetened almond milk and that's more than tres leches, that's like ... four leches.
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: This recipe does call for the use of an ice cream machine. This is the one I recommend.
- Pre-freeze your ice cream container for faster freezing
- For a zestier cheesecake add 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice + 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest to the step with the heavy cream
- If you don’t like xanthan gum you could try arrowroot powder or vegetable glycerin.
- Cream cheese, eggs and creme fraiche must be at room temperature to avoid lumps.
- Using an alcohol based vanilla extract prevents the ice cream getting too hard, especially if you use erythritol as the sweetener as this sets the ice cream harder.
- Using erythritol makes it set hard so just make sure you leave it out of the freezer to warm before scooping (20 minutes to one hour. I used powdered erythritol in this recipe and it was perfectly creamy and scoop-able once warmed a little from the freezer.
Customize the flavor for the best sugar free ice cream ever
I highly recommend using strawberries in this recipe, but why stop there? You could do so many variations: blueberry cheesecake ice cream, blackberry cheesecake ice cream, raspberry cheesecake ice cream. Mix them all together: mixed berry cheesecake ice cream. You really can't go wrong!
Other recipes you might enjoy
- Paleo Mixed Berry Coconut Creamsicles – Low Carb Popsicles
- Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Mini Keto Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Keto Key Lime Pie Jars
- Keto Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Carb Dairy Free Peanut Butter and Jelly PB&J Smoothie
- Keto Dairy Free Shamrock Shake