Rich and delicious, this Keto Brownie Ice Cream is the perfect summer treat. It's so good that you won't even know it is low carb and gluten free.
Rich, chocolatey, sugar free ice cream loaded with keto brownies
No, this is not a dream. The most decadent dark chocolate ice cream is blended with almond butter and Fudgy Double Chocolate Keto Brownies -- it's everything you want in a chocolate ice cream recipe and so much more. Back in my high carb days, I would frequent Dairy Queen for a brownie blizzard. It was so rich and delicious, with chunks of chewy, fudgy brownies. I can recall the exact taste merely by thinking of it.
Since those days are long behind me, I wanted a keto ice cream recipe that would satisfy that same craving. My Keto Brownie Ice Cream Recipe definitely fits the bill. Even if ice cream isn't your thing, these gluten free brownies make a superb keto sweet treat all on their own. While this recipe does call for the use of an ice cream maker, it is definitely worth it. If you are looking for a no-churn keto ice cream recipe, be sure to check out my Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream recipe.
Craving a keto brownie AND low carb ice cream?
Why not have both? This chocolate ice cream recipe goes beyond the average because it's loaded with chunks of deliciously fudgy low carb flourless brownies. And because it's loaded with healthy fats like real heavy cream, eggs, and smooth almond butter, it'll curb that sweet tooth and make you feel satiated. Who needs a Snickers when you have a super satisfying low carb chocolate ice cream recipe?
Better than store-bought sugar free ice cream
If you check out the nutrition labels for sugar free ice cream at your local grocery store, you'll likely find a bunch of junk ingredients. Glycerin, "natural flavors," propylene glycol monoesters, cellulose gel, various gums, carrageenan, milk protein concentrate, sunflower oil, and even SUGAR ... these are just some of the common ingredients listed. The easiest way to avoid ingredients like this in your ice cream? Make your own! Homemade ice cream is delicious and you'll be able to recognize every single one of the ingredients. BUT, I highly recommend making a double or even triple batch, because this won't last long!
Some fun ways to mix up this low carb ice cream recipe:
- add a handful of your favorite chopped nuts
- top it with low carb chocolate sauce or caramel sauce
- swirl in some peanut butter before freezing
- chop up a keto chocolate bar and swirl it in
- Mix in some low carb marshmallows
In addition to this Keto Brownie Ice Cream, check out some of my other favorite low carb dessert recipes:
- Keto Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto No Bake Cookies
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Keto Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Keto Flourless Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Carb Ice Cream Sundaes
Tips to ensure best results for this Keto Brownie Ice cream recipe:
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: This recipe does call for the use of an ice cream machine. This is the one I recommend.
- Pre-freeze your ice cream container for faster freezing
- Using an alcohol based vanilla extract prevents the ice cream getting too hard, especially if you use erythritol as the sweetener as this sets the ice cream harder.
- Using erythritol makes it set hard so just make sure you leave it out of the freezer to warm before scooping (20 minutes to one hour. I using this sweetener in this recipe and it was perfectly creamy and scoop-able once warmed a little from the freezer.