These Keto Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies are rich, chewy and even better than their sugary, carb laden counterparts.
The secret to these chewy keto chocolate chip cookies:
Have you ever had a keto chocolate chip cookie that just gets better and better days after you made it? Me either... until I made these. I thought they were great straight off the cookie sheet, scorching my mouth because I refused to let them cool, but boy, oh boy, they were even more amazing when I grabbed one from the pantry the next day. Rich and chewy, and the perfect texture of a real flour based, conventional sugar, high carb cookie. In fact, if I hadn't made these Keto Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies and someone served me one, I would never be able to tell that they were low carb cookies at all.
Substitutions and Serving Suggestions
You want to know what makes a mindblowingly delicious keto dessert? Take two of these cookies and use them to sandwich some of my Low Carb Mason Jar Chocolate Ice Cream and make a low carb cookie ice cream sandwich. SO GOOD! And to think that people say this lifestyle is hard.
A couple of notes:
- I like to pull these keto cookies out of the oven at the 10 minute mark and lightly press on them to flatten. This makes for a deliciously dense and chewy cookie.
- If you scoop them in large mounds, I recommend flattening them when you pull them out of the oven for a denser, cookie like texture. For a more airy cake-like texture, leave them puffed up.
- If you are making smaller cookies and making more than 18, I would decrease the cooking time to 8 to 10 minutes.
- You do not have to include the grass-fed collagen gelatin (not to be confused with collagen peptides), but it does make them chewier. I got the idea of adding gelatin to cookies from my talented friend Cristina of The Castaway Kitchen. Check out her Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
- You can leave out the caramel extract and sea salt flakes to make a delicious plain low carb chocolate chip cookie
- Store these keto cookies in an airtight container. They are even better the next day!
- I have not tested this recipe as a coconut flour cookie recipe, but if you have a nut allergy I'm sure it would be equally as delicious with coconut flour. To substitute coconut flour, you would need to add a lot more liquid, and eggs.
More low carb, gluten free cookie recipes:
- Keto Flourless Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto No Bake Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
- Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
- Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 30 Keto Cookie Recipes
Keto Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies 1x
- 3 cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract (I use this brand)
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup (I use this brand) Code PEACE for 20% off
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips (I use this brand) Code PEACE for 20% off
- Maldon sea salt flakes (get them here)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, gelatin, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Add the vanilla extract and caramel extract and whisk to combine. Add the maple syrup and coconut oil to the egg mixture, whisking as you pour.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and beat with a hand mixer until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop balls of dough, about 2 tablespoons worth, onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Start checking at 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes, and let cool for 10 minutes.
Net Carbs Per Cookie: 1.9g
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: keto cookies, cookies, chewy keto cookies, low carb recipes, dairy free chocolate chip cookies, low carb cookies, dairy free keto, keto chocolate chip cookies