These Low Carb Blueberry Muffins are a low carb spin on a classic favorite. Warm, moist muffins, with tart, sweet blueberries, dusted with sweetener. They are low carb, keto, gluten free, and can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
The Best Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Today's recipe is a guest post from the lovely and talented Kim Hardesty of Low Carb Maven.
Not only is Kim a fantastic low carb baker, she has some incredibly mouth watering savory recipes on her blog as well. You won't be disappointed!
About this Low Carb Blueberry Muffin Recipe
From Kim: If I’m going to spend extra carbs indulging in a low carb treat, it’d better be good. I think these low carb blueberry muffins are VERY good. We can all agree that low carb baked goods are different than the “real thing” - not bad, just different. These low carb blueberry muffins may lack that starchy stick-to-the-teeth mouthfeel inherent in regular muffins, but they are so soft and fluffy you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference.
Coconut Flour Keto Blueberry Muffins
Coconut flour is the grain free flour alternative of choice for these muffins. It’s low in carbs, high in fiber and well tolerated by many who suffer with nut allergies. Coconut flour produces soft and fluffy baked goods which have a mild coconut flavor. I especially love it for low carb quick bread and muffin recipes like chocolate zucchini muffins and these great blueberry muffins.
When using coconut flour, convention is to use lots of eggs to help add structure with their protein content and trap air. But the large amount of eggs causes baked goods to stick to pans like crazy, earning coconut flour a bum rap. To get around that problem I used a little cream cheese and a more traditional method of incorporating the ingredients. Make sure to let the muffins cool just a bit before gently removing from the pan and then store in the refrigerator. To enjoy, warm gently in the microwave.
- For best results, cream the ingredients together to whip air into the batter.
- Use a plastic bag with a snipped corner to squeeze the batter into the muffin liners. If you don’t the muffins will be misshapen and spiky.
- Weigh the coconut flour for best results since it is affected by ambient humidity.
- Sprinkle the tops with erythritol to avoid burning.
- Bake on a rack positioned to the lower third of the oven with the specific method I specify so that you can force the muffins to rise quickly, avoiding blueberry studded rocks.
- Don’t overbake.
- Slather a warm muffin with butter and enjoy!
More Keto Dessert Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print