Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole. A remixed Eggs Benedict, complete with a buttery, lemony, creamy hollandaise sauce. So good, you won't even miss the English muffin.
Up your low carb brunch with this Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole
This Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole is out of this world. So good, you won't even miss the muffin. I LOVE hollandaise. Like, I want to marry it and have its delicious lemon, buttery babies. Okay, maybe that is taking things a little too far, but I love it ... on any type of eggs, on steak, on veggies. SO GOOD!
The secret to nailing this keto hollandaise sauce
Hollandaise can be kind of temperamental to make, but once you get the hang of it, it will turn out every time. If you do not want to take the time to make your own from scratch, you can always buy the packaged kind. BUT, it is not gluten free and does have some strange and unnecessary additives.
How to make a paleo version of this Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole
For those looking to make this a strict paleo dish, simply omit the heavy cream and be mindful of the ham you buy. Easy peasy! A little something in this recipe for everyone.
In addition to this Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole recipe, Check out some of my other favorite low carb breakfast recipes:
- Keto Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Bacon, Spinach, and Feta Breakfast Scramble
- Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Skillet
- Italian Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Casserole
- Creamy Herbed Bacon and Egg Skillet
- Keto Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches
- Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet
Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Makes 6 Servings 1x
For the casserole
- 12 ounces Canadian bacon or thinly sliced ham, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Batch Keto Hollandaise Sauce (Get the recipe here)
- chopped fresh chives, for garnish
For the casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside 6 slices of Canadian bacon and chop the rest.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Once the butter is melted and the pan is hot, add the Canadian bacon. Cook until it just starts to brown.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk. Add the heavy cream, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sea salt and black pepper. Whisk until all ingredients are well combined. Mix in three quarters of the cooked Canadian bacon.
- Line the remaining 6 slices of Canadian bacon on the bottom of an 8x13 baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the sliced Canadian Bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining Canadian bacon over top.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Top with hollandaise sauce before serving. Garnish with fresh chives.
2g net carbs per serving
Nutrition Information for Hollandaise Sauce - here
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: keto breakfast, gluten free breakfast casserole, breakfast casserole recipe, homemade hollandaise recipe
Have you ever tried substituting smoked salmon for the bacon as a variation? I feel like that would work but am not sure
janet aycock says
this sounds like it would be awesome i can not wait to try it
Amy Thiessen says
This looks amazing! Thanks!
Wow, I'm with you, hollandaise is the best! I used to make a Benedict casserole, of course can't use that one any more, so this is going to be a delight!!
Can you eat as leftovers or is it not as good? I'm looking for a make ahead breakfast for crazy mornings.
what is the green on top? chives? thanks!
Peace Love and Low Carb says
Yes, it is fresh chives. I pretty much love fresh chives as a garnish on just about everything 🙂
Recipe looks great!! Am gonna make it this weekend! I must be naive but why does it say a stainless steel mixing bowl? Can I use glass does it react somehow with a different type of bowl?! Definitely not a chef and have some learning to do!! Thanks so much!
Tiffany Keller says
This was incredible! My husband loved it as well!
This is the funniest recipe EVER! The description of your LOVE for hollandaise sauce is HILARIOUS! Thanks for giving me a good laugh and a yummy recipe to try!
Christine Castaneda says
I love hollandaise sauce too! Can't wait to make this. Thank you!