Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet – Quick and easy low carb meal prep for those busy weekday mornings.
Looking for an easy recipe to switch up your keto breakfast?
With all the flavors and toppings of your favorite taco salad, this low carb taco breakfast skillet is the perfect way to start your day. Whether it’s Taco Tuesday, or any other day of the week, this is truly the best way to start your day.
How to meal prep on keto
Very early on, one of the things that helped me find success as I eased into my new low carb lifestyle was meal prep. I started setting aside time each Sunday to prepare meals for the week ahead. Sometimes I would prepare entire dishes, like this Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet, and other times I would prep ingredients so that I could throw together easy weeknight dinners. I would cut down veggies, and cheese. I would also hard boil some eggs for quick snacks throughout the week, or even to whip up some keto deviled eggs on a moment’s notice. I would make any sauces or marinades that I thought I might want to use that week. And I would also batch cook different meats that could be easily thrown together to make a healthy meal.
For example, I would make an entire sheet pan of chicken breasts in the oven, or break down and portion out an entire rotisserie chicken. Small changes along the way can really help set you up for success.
Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet: the ultimate keto meal prep
But other times, I would write out a meal plan for the week and I would spend an entire Sunday meal prepping. I wanted to make the transition as easy as possible and set myself up for success. Having a healthy breakfast on hand that I could just heat up was a really big part of that. Making a dish like this Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet over the weekend can be a lifesaver on those hectic weekday work mornings. When you have a meal prepped and ready to go that you can just heat and eat, it gives you the ability to focus on the other matters of the morning like getting your kids out the door on time.
In addition to this keto taco breakfast skillet, Check out some of my other favorite low carb breakfast recipes:
- Keto Pizza Eggs
- Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Egg Muffins
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Skillet
- Italian Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Skillet
- Keto Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches
- Keto McMuffin Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons Taco Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- 2/3 cup water
- 10 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh cilantro (optional)
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the excess fat.
- To the skillet, stir in the taco seasoning and water. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer until the sauce has thickened and coats the meat. About 5 minutes. Remove half of the seasoned beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk. Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, and the heavy cream to the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the meat retained in the skillet and stir to mix the meat into the eggs. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the egg bake is cooked all the way through and fluffy.
- Top with remaining ground beef, the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese, tomato, avocado, olives, green onion, sour cream, and salsa.
- Garnish with jalapeno and cilantro, if using.
- Calories: 563
- Fat: 44g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 32g
Craveable Keto: Your Low-Carb, High-Fat Roadmap to Weight Loss and Wellness
Check out my other books – HERE
This book has more than 145 recipes, each with a full color photo and nutritional analysis. It is packed with over 100 pages of resources to help make your low carb, keto lifestyle easier. Let”>BREAKFASTS
SNACKS AND STARTERS
SOUPS AND SALADS
DRESSINGS, SAUCES, SEASONINGS, AND MORE
Got a craving? YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Popular on the Blog This Week: