Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet – Quick and easy low carb meal prep for those busy weekday mornings.
DISCLOSURE: ***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may have received monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links. This is a sponsored post by Atkins Nutritionals, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own. If I give a positive review, it is because I feel the product deserves attention and recognition. ***
If you have been following a low carb lifestyle for any amount of time, then you have likely heard of Atkins. Many people, myself included got their first taste of the amazing health benefits of a low carb, ketogenic lifestyle through the original Atkins way of eating. I still to this day, attribute a lot of my successes and knowledge to that original book written by Dr. Robert Atkins.
While there are now many variations of low carb lifestyles that people practice, my roots and my own personal weight loss story attribute back to the Atkins lifestyle. So when they reached out to me about a potential partnership with Peace Love and Low Carb, naturally I was interested. It was pretty much a low carb no-brainer.
Very early on, one of the things that helped me find success as I eased into my new low carb lifestyle was meal prep. I started setting aside time each Sunday to prepare meals for the week ahead. Sometimes I would prepare entire dishes, like this Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet, and other times I would prep ingredients so that I could throw together easy weeknight dinners. I would cut down veggies, and cheese. I would also hard boil some eggs for quick snacks throughout the week, or even to whip up some keto deviled eggs on a moment’s notice. I would make any sauces or marinades that I thought I might want to use that week. And I would also batch cook different meats that could be easily thrown together to make a healthy meal. For example, I would make an entire sheet pan of chicken breasts in the oven, or break down and portion out an entire rotisserie chicken. Small changes along the way can really help set you up for success.
But other times, I would write out a meal plan for the week and I would spend an entire Sunday meal prepping. I wanted to make the transition as easy as possible and set myself up for success. Having a healthy breakfast on hand that I could just heat up was a really big part of that. Making a dish like this Keto taco Breakfast Skillet over the weekend can be a lifesaver on those hectic weekday work mornings. When you have a meal prepped and ready to go that you can just heat and eat, It gives you the ability to focus on the other matters of the morning like getting your kids out the door on time.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb breakfast recipes:
- Keto Pizza Eggs
- Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Egg Muffins
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Skillet
- Italian Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Skillet
Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet
Keto taco Breakfast Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons Taco Seasoning (Here is my recipe)
- 2/3 cup water
- 10 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh cilantro (optional)
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the excess fat.
- To the skillet, stir in the taco seasoning and water. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer until the sauce has thickened and coats the meat. About 5 minutes. Remove half of the seasoned beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk. Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, and the heavy cream to the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the meat retained in the skillet and stir to mix the meat into the eggs. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the egg bake is cooked all the way through and fluffy.
- Top with remaining ground beef, the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese, tomato, avocado, olives, green onion, sour cream, and salsa.
- Garnish with jalapeno and cilantro, if using.