Keto hollandaise is my all-time favorite sauce. It made from scratch, it is naturally keto friendly and has almost zero carbs
Fresh hollandaise is so easy to whip together, that it is a wonder that anyone would ever make it from a powdered mix. With only 3 main ingredients – butter, egg yolk and fresh lemon juice, hollandaise is one of the 5 main sauces of French cuisine. Add some tarragon, shallot, and black pepper, and you have a delicious homemade low carb béarnaise sauce.
This Keto Hollandaise Sauce is easily my favorite sauce to put on EVERYTHING! It’s not only good for keto eggs benedict. Although, it does make a mean Low Carb Crab Cake Eggs Benedict, and a Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole.
But those wouldn’t even be my favorite way to enjoy this keto hollandaise sauce. My all-time favorite way to eat it is on top of a big, juicy steak, topped with crab meat and served with asparagus. I will pour it over the whole plate!
If you don’t want to set up a double-boiler, and whisk like crazy, you can always make this low carb hollandaise sauce in the blender. Easy peasy!
To make this keto hollandaise in the blender:
- Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, and hot sauce in a blender. Pulse until the ingredients are well combined.
- Turn the blender to high and slowly pour in the melted butter. Blend until the sauce is thick, about 30 seconds.
In addition to this keto hollandaise, check out some of my other favorite low carb sauce recipes:
DID YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE 3 AMAZING KETO COOKBOOKS OUT RIGHT NOW? CHECK THEM OUT HERE
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- dash hot sauce
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- In a stainless steel mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together. The mixture should get thicker and increase in volume.
- Heat a saucepan with 1 to 2 inches of water in it over medium heat until the water is simmering. Lower the heat to medium low. Place the bowl over top of the saucepan, making sure that the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl or else the eggs will begin to scramble. Continue whisking rapidly.
- Little by little, whisk in the melted butter until the sauce has thickened and is light and fluffy.
- Remove from the heat and gently whisk in the hot sauce, cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Double Boiler
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: trace amounts
- Fiber: trace amounts
- Protein: 2g