This Keto Hollandaise Sauce is rich and buttery and is the perfect sauce for eggs benedict, on top of steak, salmon, or vegetables, you name it. When made from scratch hollandaise is naturally keto-friendly as the main ingredients are egg yolk, butter and lemon juice.
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- dash hot sauce
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- In a stainless steel mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together. The mixture should get thicker and increase in volume.
- Heat a saucepan with 1 to 2 inches of water in it over medium heat until the water is simmering. Lower the heat to medium low. Place the bowl over top of the saucepan, making sure that the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl or else the eggs will begin to scramble. Continue whisking rapidly.
- Little by little, whisk in the melted butter until the sauce has thickened and is light and fluffy.
- Remove from the heat and gently whisk in the hot sauce, cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Net carbs per serving: Trace amounts
- Storage: This is best served fresh.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sauce Recipes
- Method: Double Boiler
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: trace amounts
- Fiber: trace amounts
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: low carb hollandaise sauce, how do you make hollandaise, blender hollandaise recipe, keto hollandaise, homemade hollandaise sauce, keto eggs Benedict