This recipe was inspired by one of my absolute favorite breakfast places by my house. We would go there on Sunday mornings and I would always order the same thing, but with a few modifications. I finally just decided to save my money and make it at home exactly the way I like it. I could easily eat this for breakfast all week long. Need more help with jazzing up breakfast? I have a whole section of low carb and gluten free breakfast recipes. This Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato and Bacon Hash is another recipe I am really digging at the moment.
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Bacon, Spinach and Feta Breakfast Scramble
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby spinach, packed
- 3/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, crisp up the bacon. Once the bacon is crispy, add the garlic, mushrooms and spinach to the pan. Sauté until the mushrooms are soft and the spinach is wilted. Toss in olives.
- In a separate skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs and fork whisk.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet with the melted butter. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir and start to fold the eggs over. Scrambling them slowly and in a separate pan will keep them nice and fluffy.
- Toss the eggs in with the bacon and vegetable mixture.
- Top with feta and Parmesan cheeses before serving.
Per Serving - Calories: 489 | Fat: 38 g | Protein: 30 g | Total Carbs: 8.5 g | Fiber: 1g | Net Carbs: 7.5 g