Lately, I am obsessed with making my own sausage patties. These Maple Chicken Breakfast Sausage patties have been on repeat in our house lately. Could sausage be the new bacon? Nah! Let's not get all crazy in here. But, I do love me some sausagey breakfast goodness. I have been working hard behind the scenes on my new cookbook - The Primal Low Carb Kitchen, and I can't wait to show it to all of you. It is some of my best and most creative work yet. I took time out from the cookbook recipe development to make a new recipe for the site. It felt nice to take a more leisurely approach and just cook without a schedule. I have some big things coming in the near future. Stay tuned...
A few notes about this Maple Chicken Breakfast Sausage recipe:
- You can bake these instead of cooking them in a skillet
- They taste even better if you have enough time to let the mixture refrigerate for 24 hours before cooking.
- These freeze very well. You can form them and freeze them raw, or you can cook them, portion them and freeze them for easy re-heating.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb sausage recipes:
- Keto Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- White Cheddar, Sausage Breakfast Biscuits
- Sausage, White Cheddar, and Heirloom Tomato Frittata
- Spicy Sausage and Caramelized Onion Breakfast Bake