I love to top this with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of fresh chopped green onions. The cool and creamy sour cream pairs perfectly with the flavors of the spicy sausage and caramelized onions. If you are looking for an easy one pot keto recipe, then this is the dish for you. Hey, it’s not just for breakfast either. In our home, we are big fans of brinner – breakfast for dinner.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb keto breakfast recipes:
- Keto Mcmuffin Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Bacon, Spinach, and Feta Breakfast Scramble
- Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Skillet
- Pizza Eggs
- Creamy Herbed Bacon and Egg Skillet
CLICK HERE TO ORDER MY NEW BOOK: 30 MINUTE KETOGENIC COOKING
Spicy Sausage and Caramelized Onion Breakfast Bake
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1lb hot Italian breakfast sausage
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add onion, butter, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook until onions are nice and caramelized - About 20 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking - In a large skillet, brown the sausage. Once the sausage is nearly finished cooking, add mushrooms, tomato paste, and hot sauce, and sauté 5-10 more minutes. Mix caramelized onions into meat mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack all 10 eggs and fork whisk. To the eggs, mix in cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a 2 quart glass baking dish, pour meat into the bottom of the dish and spread evenly. Pour egg mixture over the top of the meat. Use a fork to poke holes down into the meat to allow the eggs to mix just slightly into the meat.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Once finished, the top should be a nice golden brown color.
- I add a dollop of sour on top when I serve it. (The sour cream is not counted in the nutritional information.)
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***