- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1lb hot Italian breakfast sausage
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add onion, butter, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook until onions are nice and caramelized - About 20 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking - In a large skillet, brown the sausage. Once the sausage is nearly finished cooking, add mushrooms, tomato paste, and hot sauce, and sauté 5-10 more minutes. Mix caramelized onions into meat mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack all 10 eggs and fork whisk. To the eggs, mix in cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a 2 quart glass baking dish, pour meat into the bottom of the dish and spread evenly. Pour egg mixture over the top of the meat. Use a fork to poke holes down into the meat to allow the eggs to mix just slightly into the meat.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Once finished, the top should be a nice golden brown color.
- I add a dollop of sour on top when I serve it. (The sour cream is not counted in the nutritional information.)
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Calories: 414
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs 5g
- Protein: 24g