Who needs fast food when you can make your own low carb and keto sausage egg mcmuffin right at home. You won’t even miss the english muffin… It’s that GOOD! Keto McMuffin Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
I certainly wasn’t the first person to make something like this Keto McMuffin Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich and I definitely won’t be the last. I first saw a variation of this a few years ago on Nom Nom Paleo. Every time I would see it pop up in my newsfeed or on Pinterest, I always told myself I was going to make something similar, but I just never got around to it… until now.
If you are following a low carb or keto diet, then you have probably gotten pretty bored of plain old bacon and eggs for breakfast. Although they are two of my absolute favorite foods, I am always looking for ways to jazz up low carb breakfast foods. If you are just starting out and are looking for recipes to help you become fat adapted and get into ketosis, then this recipe is a great place to start. Perfectly low in carbs and high in healthy fats.
When I was a kid and I was just starting to learn how to cook, one of the very first things I learned was how to fry an egg. From there, I became obsessed with eating fried egg sandwiches, slathered in an obscene amount of mayonnaise. Don’t even get me started on my love of mayo! If I started talking about it, this post would likely start to resemble a steamy love letter and then mayonnaise and I would run off into the sunset together. Focus! Back to my story… I always left the yolk runny and that first bite into a mayo covered, ooey gooey yolk, sandwiched between two soft pieces of white bread was pretty much childhood bliss. Every. Time. I would make one every single day. I guess some things never change. Here I am at the young age of 38 and I still eat the same things every day. Sometimes I swear my life is like the movie “Big”. There is just no way I am an actual grown up. No. Way.
Enough rambling already! I almost forgot the reason I brought up the mayonnaise story in the first place… I took that childhood memory of that first delicious bite and captured it in this recipe. I slathered each cooked egg with mayo just like I would have that white bread when I was a child. So good! Next time I make this, I think I will leave the yolks runny just for old times sake. Because let’s be honest, I am fork and knifing this sandwich anyway. Otherwise my hands would be a greasy mess and “Ain’t Nobody Got Time For Dat” This just got weird. I think I will say goodbye now.
Just try this Keto McMuffin Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich for yourself and you will see what I mean. For this recipe I used a store bought sausage, but I included a link to my Maple Chicken Breakfast Sausagein the recipe also.
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
CHECK OUT SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITE LOW CARB, KETO Breakfast RECIPES:
- Pizza Eggs
- Peanut Butter Berry Breakfast Loaf
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Skillet
- White Cheddar Sausage Breakfast Biscuits
NOTE To make these perfectly round shaped eggs, I cooked the eggs in the ring of a mason jar lid. Super easy and it was something I already had around the house. You can also get silicone egg molds to do the trick. Pick some up here
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 sausage patties, cooked (find my recipe here)
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- a few slices of avocado
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place lightly oiled mason jar rings or silicone egg molds into the pan.
- Crack the eggs into the rings and use a fork to break the yolks and gently whisk. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Remove the eggs from the rings.
- Place one of the eggs on a plate and top it with half of the mayonnaise. Top the egg with one of the sausage patties.
- Top the sausage patty with a slice of cheese and avocado.
- Put the second sausage patty on top of the avocado and top it with the remaining cheese.
- Spread the remaining mayonnaise on the second cooked egg and put it on top of the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Per Serving – Calories: 880 | Fat: 82g | Protein: 32g | Total Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 2g | Net Carbs: 6g
If you want to reduce the calories and the fat content, you can omit the mayonnaise and skip the butter. But like I said above, I LOVE MAYO!! Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Breakfast Sandwich