These Cheese and Chive Keto Souffles are light and fluffy and full of flavor. Trying mixing them up with a variety of your favorite herbs and cheeses. The possibilities are endless.
A quick and easy keto breakfast recipe
If you’re looking for some new keto breakfast ideas that will impress your family, friends, and tastebuds, this is it. Fluffy buttery eggs with melty Gruyere cheese, salt, and chives all combine in this airy low carb soufflé masterpiece that everyone can enjoy.
Whether you’re doing meat free keto and trying to focus on more vegetarian keto recipes, or you plan to serve these Cheese and Chive Keto Souffles with a side of bacon, you’ll want to add this to your list of favorite keto breakfast recipes. You can switch up the seasoning and fresh herbs based on your preference. Either way, you’ll have a satiating breakfast that starts your day off on the right foot.
How to make keto souffles
A traditional souffle is made with white flour, milk, and eggs. This low carb version gluten-free, way lower in carbs, and more satisfying because of all the healthy fats. The key to a good keto souffle recipe, just like any good souffle recipe, is whisking, beating, and then beating some more. The more air you can get into the “batter,” the lighter and fluffier your souffles will be. Enjoy these gluten free soufflés right out of the oven, because even the perfect souffle will deflate once it cools. Don’t worry, they’ll still taste just as great.
In addition to these Cheese and Chive Keto Souffles, check out some of my other favorite keto breakfast recipes:
- Creamy Herbed Bacon and Egg Skillet
- Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Skillet
- Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Taco Breakfast Skillet
- French Toast Egg Puffs
- Keto Banana Nut Protein Pancakes
- Keto Pizza Eggs
Cheese and Chive Keto Souffles
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Preheat the oven to 380°F.. Lightly grease four 8-ounce ramekins and sprinkle the insides with almond flour.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the almond flour and sea salt and cook for 2 minutes, whisking as you cook.
- Add the heavy cream and whisk while heating, until barely simmering, but not boiling. Cook for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Mix in the cheese and chives and then remove from the heat.
- Beat in the egg yolks.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites on high until they are light and airy and soft peaks have formed.
- Slowly fold the cheese mixture into the egg whites, being very careful not to deflate the egg whites.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 4 ramekins and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately as the soufflés with deflate within minutes.
net carbs per serving: 1.9g
- Calories: 404
- Fat: 36.6g
- Carbohydrates: 2.3g
- Fiber: .4g
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: keto breakfasts, keto soufflé's, keto egg recipes, low carb breakfast recipes, keto blog, low carb blog