Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Cheesy Chorizo Breakfast Bake
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 oz onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 9 oz pork chorizo
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions are nice and caramelized. About 20 minutes
- Add the chorizo and mushrooms to the pan and sauté until the chorizo is cooked all the way through and the mushrooms are tender.
- Drain excess grease from the pan, reduce heat to low and mix in cream cheese until well combined.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and fork whisk. Mix in cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Put the chorizo mixture in the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish. Pour the egg/cheese mixture over top. Mix just slightly until some of the chorizo shows through the egg layer.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Per Serving - Calories: 292 | Fat: 23g | Protein: 17g | Net Carbs: 5g
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***