- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 9 ounces pork chorizo
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions are nice and caramelized, about 20 minutes
- Add the chorizo and mushrooms to the pan and sauté until the chorizo is cooked all the way through and the mushrooms are tender.
- Drain the excess grease from the pan. Reduce heat to low and mix in cream cheese until well combined.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and fork whisk. Mix in cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the chorizo mixture in the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish. Pour the egg/cheese mixture over top. Mix just slightly until some of the chorizo shows through the egg layer.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and green onions, if using.
- Category: Breakfast Recipes
- Method: baking
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net
- Protein: 17g
Keywords: keto breakfast recipes, low carb breakfast recipes, breakfast bake recipe, egg recipes, keto recipes, low carb recipes