Garlic Dill Baked Cucumber Chips – All of the crunch, without all the carbs.
Chips, chips and more chips! Savory, crunchy snacks are my weakness. I used to joke that Doritos were my kryptonite. Put me in front of a place of sweets and I will be fine just to ignore them. Place me in front of a bowl of chips or crackers and it is like a tractor beam pulling me in. Salty and crunchy is my jam! So naturally, giving up all my favorite savory snacks was one of the harder things when switching over to a real food, low carb lifestyle. However, I am a firm believer in the fact that you don’t have to sacrifice to live a healthy and balanced life. Instead, you just have to reframe the way you look at food and get a little creative in the kitchen. Sure I would rather have potato chips or tortilla chips than cucumber chips. I would be lying if I said otherwise. But I love that there are healthy, low carb options out there. Not to mention that cucumber and dill are one of my all time favorite flavor pairings.
A couple notes on these Garlic Dill Baked Cucumber Chips:
- The thickness of your cucumber slices and the type of oven you have will determine the cook time.
- The dryer you can get the cucumber slices before putting them into the oven, the crispier they will get.
- You can get thinner slices using a mandoline. This is the one that I use and recommend.
Here are a few of my other favorite low carb chip recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Apple Chips
- 40 Low Carb and Gluten Free Cracker and Chip Recipes
- Salt and Pepper Vegetable Chips
- Garlic Parmesan Tortilla Chips