This sugar-free cranberry sauce is simple to make and loaded with fresh flavors. It’s the perfect accompaniment to Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas ham.
Skip the gelatinous stuff in a can and make your own sugar free cranberry sauce
If you’re planning out all of your low carb Thanksgiving side dishes, but you can’t think of a keto swap for the traditional canned shaped cranberry sauce, I’ve got great news for you. Not only is this homemade cranberry sauce a sugar free version of the old favorite, but it’s way more flavorful, bursting with festive holiday colors, and the perfect addition to your keto holiday meal planning.
Gone are the days of congealed cranberry and corn syrup. This sugar free cranberry sauce will be a new seasonal favorite.
How do you make homemade cranberry sauce?
When it comes to low carb holiday recipes, this one couldn’t be any easier. You just add all of the ingredients to a saucepan, cook over medium heat until the cranberries start to pop, then use a fork to smash them up. After that, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes so that the sauce can thicken. You can store this keto cranberry sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, if it lasts that long.
Just think of how good your house will smell with homemade cranberry sauce simmering on the stove, while snow falls outside and your favorite holiday movie plays in the background. Fresh cranberry sauce, completely keto, and ready in 20 minutes? It’s a keto Christmas recipe miracle.
Delicious ways to enjoy this keto cranberry sauce:
Use it to top all of your Thanksgiving leftovers, or as a dip for a Turkey Day burrito! Just load all of the traditional fixings into a Siete almond flour tortilla or a coconut wrap, then dip into this sugar free cranberry sauce to pull it all together. YUM.
Fun ways to mix up the low carb cranberry sauce recipe:
- Add little vanilla extract to the mix for extra comforting flavor
- Use lemon zest and extract in the cranberry sauce instead of orange for a zingy flavor
- Add a bit of grated ginger into the mix for a little added spice
- Pour a little Grand Marnier into the mix to take everything to the next level
In addition to this sugar free cranberry sauce, check out some of my other favorite keto holiday recipes:
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Low Carb Pecan Pie
- Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Herbed Butter Roasted Turkey
- Sugar Free Glazed Ham
- Cranberry Pecan Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
- Keto White Cheddar and Sausage Biscuits
Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the cranberries begin to pop, about 10 minutes. Use a fork to smash the berries as they pop.
2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
7.3g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 42
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 0.4g