I bet you thought nachos were off the table for your low carb, keto lifestyle. Well think again. I’m putting low carb nachos back on your Taco Tuesday Menu.
Jon and I are both big fans of nachos. In fact, they are pretty much our favorite appetizer of all time. I’ve never met a nacho that I didn’t like. I bet you thought nacho recipes were off the table for your low carb, keto lifestyle. Well think again. I’m putting low carb nachos back on your Taco Tuesday Menu. These low carb tortilla chips are made entirely of cheeses and seasonings. No high-carb, gluten filled chips here. Only deliciously crunchy low carb cheese chips. Follow the recipe below or top the chips with any of your favorite low carb nacho toppings. Even better, make a double batch of the cheese chip recipe, spread the chips across a sheet pan and make a giant tray of sheet pan nachos for your next get together.
In addition to these low carb nachos, check out some of my other favorite low carb mexican food recipes:
Craveable Keto is on sale for only $13 right now. Grab a copy here
Grab a copy of Keto Happy Hour – Here
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup cooked taco seasoned ground beef
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup jalapenos
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on the parchment paper in a thin layer, in the shape of a rectangle.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over top of the cheddar cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder. Sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly over the top of the cheeses.
- Bake on the middle rack for 8 to 10 minutes, checking every minute to ensure that it does not burn.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cheese cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel the cooked cheese away from the parchment paper and cut lengthwise into strips. To make this easier, I recommend using a pizza cutter or kitchen shears. After cutting the cheese into strips, then cut each strip into triangles.
- Transfer the individual chips back to the parchment paper and broil on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Let the chips cool and crisp up – about 30 minutes.
- Pile the chips on a plate and cover with all of your favorite nacho toppings.
- Calories: 324kcal
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 20g
This recipe is a sneak peek into my new book Keto Happy Hour. Grab a copy HERE
WITH RECIPES LIKE:
AND EVEN SOME FOOD RECIPES LIKE:
- Grilled Halloumi Bruschetta
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Bloody Mary Roasted Nuts
- Red Wine Fudgesicles
- and more…