This Big Mac Casserole has all the flavor of a Big Mac without all the carbs and fast food additives! It comes kid and husband approved.
Are you missing fast food on a low carb diet? Well, you have come to the right place then. This Low Carb Big Mac Casserole will instantly have you belting out that contagiously unforgettable jingle. You know the one … “Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun” You the the one! Are you singing it yet? What if there was a low carb dish that had all of that minus the bun? Oh wait, there is! I introduce to you, the low carb and gluten free Big Mac Casserole. Jon and the kids gobbled this down without even waiting for it to cool. You’ve gotta love keto recipes that also make for kid friendly meals. Leftovers didn’t stand a chance. Thats just how husband and kid approved it was. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Heres a tip: Mix it all up and toss it with the dressing and you have an amazing low carb Big Mac Salad.
Looking for more easy, weeknight meals? Be sure to check out my weekly meal plans. Need some additional casserole ideas? Then you are in luck!! I have an entire Low Carb Casserole recipe section for you to peruse. Quick and easy casserole recipes help make those hectic weeknights just a little bit easier.
My New Book is NOW Available. ORDER HERE
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Russian Dressing, divided (get the recipe here)
- 1 cup dill pickle slices, about 20
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, minced onion flakes, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, sea salt and black pepper. Drain excess grease and transfer to a large casserole dish.
- To the ground beef, add 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and 3/4 cup Russian dressing. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Flatten down into a nice and even, compact layer. Top with pickle slices.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of sharp cheddar cheese over top. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the oven up to a high broil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Plate each serving on top of a bed of shredded lettuce and top with remaining Russian dressing.
Per serving – Calories: 556 | Fat: 51 g | Protein: 45g | Total Carbs: 8.8g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs – 5.8g