Warm, delicious, and comforting, this Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum is the perfect holiday cocktail recipe. Best of all, it is keto friendly and sugar free.
I made my original keto hot buttered rum mix as a nod to my childhood. All growing up, after the holiday feast was done, we would break out the games, and all of the adults would drink hot buttered rum drinks. I couldn't wait to join in on the tradition. It was almost a holiday right of passage - one that meant I had finally graduated to the adults table. This is a tradition that we still uphold to this day. Now, I'm the first to break out the hot buttered rum batter and whip us up a keto friendly cocktail.
This Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum gives the traditional recipe a fall flavor update. The pumpkin pie spice adds an extra layer of seasonal deliciousness. Kick the holidays off early and savor the flavors of fall and winter for a little while longer.
How to make the batter
For years and years I used store-bought hot buttered rum mix. The thought had never really occurred to me to make my own. But once I did, there was no going back. Not only is making your own keto hot buttered rum batter more cost effective, but you can tweak it to your personal tastes and dietary needs.
Traditional hot buttered rum batter usually contains white sugar, brown sugar, and sometimes even ice cream in the mix. For this easy cocktail recipe, I used real butter, heavy cream, and all natural sweeteners. This makes it keto friendly, very low in carbs, and sugar free. That just means that you can enjoy more than one!
- Make it a cocktail: add 1 or 2 ounces of light rum, dark rum, spiced rum, or even bourbon to a half cup of water and mix with 2 or 3 tablespoons of buttered rum mix.
- Use the mix instead of butter and creamer in a bulletproof coffee -- this is probably my favorite way to enjoy it, Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum coffee. It's like a next level keto PSL!
- Make it a mocktail and mix it with water, coffee, or hot tea.
- Make a few batches and share them with friends and family: this recipe yields 4.5 cups and has a serving size of just 2 to 3 tbsp. You can whip up a batch and portion it out in small mason jars and gift with a bottle of spiced rum!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Pumpkin Spice Creme Brûlée
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Golden Milk Latte
- Keto Pecan Pie
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Keto Glazed Ham
- Cheesy Garlic Creamed Spinach
- White Cheddar and Sausage Biscuits
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Marshmallow Cream Frosting
- Keto Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum - low carb, gluten free
Warm and delicious Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum Recipe. Serve it as a cocktail, mocktail, or even enjoy it in coffee.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4.5 cups 1x
For the mix:
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, golden monkfruit, sugar free maple syrup and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, powdered monkfruit, and pupkin pie spice. Mix on low speed until the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is smooth.
Making the drink:
- Combine 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pumpkin spice hot buttered rum batter and 1 to 2 ounces of rum to ½ cup hot water. Adjust the batter / rum ratios to taste.
net carbs per serving: 0.8g
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 73
- Fat: 7.6g
- Carbohydrates: 1.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.2g
Keywords: low carb rum batter, low carb cocktails, pumpkin spice recipes, keto hot buttered rum, cocktail recipes