Take your favorite brunch cocktail and level it up to make these Orange Creamsicle Mimosas. Imagine the Orange Julius of your childhood, in a fun, adult boozy version.
Carb count and ingredients
This low carb Orange Creamsicle Mimosa is what my brunch dreams are made of: a dreamy, creamy base, vanilla vodka, sparkling wine for a bit of bubbles, a little fresh orange juice, and a keto-friendly sweetener to keep the sugar down. I've even included options to make a dairy free creamsicle cocktail! All of the flavors of a classic adult orange creamsicle with just 8 grams of carbs. What's not to love?
Just be warned: these drinks pack a real punch. Although these low carb mimosas seem harmless, each cocktail has 4.5 ounces of alcohol. CHEERS!
- vanilla vodka
- orange juice
- heavy cream (almond or coconut milk for dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon powdered monkfruit Code PEACE for 20% off
- dry sparkling wine
Substitutions and Swaps
This recipe for low carb Orange Creamsicle Mimosas is a crowd pleaser, not only because the flavor is spot on for the childhood classic, but because you can easily make ingredient swaps to meet dietary needs. For a dairy free orange creamsicle mimosa, use almond or coconut milk. If you think the orange juice is sweet enough on its own, omit the powdered monkfruit. Vanilla vodka makes a nice compliment to the creamy orange flavor, but if you only have unflavored vodka on hand, that will totally work for this recipe. If you aren't a fan of vodka, this drink is delicious with just the sparkling wine as well.
Drinking alcohol on the keto diet
If you're living a low carb lifestyle and you're wondering if you can have cocktails on keto, the answer is ... YES. The occasional cocktail is a great way to make sure that you're not feeling deprived on your low carb lifestyle. The key here is "lifestyle" -- if you want this to be a sustainable way of life, the key is finding low carb alternatives that make you feel satisfied. We'll all have moments where we want to celebrate, whether it's a milestone occasion or a Sunday morning brunch.
While navigating alcohol on a keto diet can be tricky, it is not impossible. In fact, I wrote a whole low carb guide to alcohol to help you out with this very thing. In the guide, I've included a bunch of information about the carbs in different alcoholic beverages along with tons of other helpful information.
More low carb cocktail recipes:
- Did you know I have a whole book of low carb cocktails? Check out Keto Happy Hour
- Cucumber Mojitos
- Tart Cranberry Cooler
- Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms
- Black Beauty (Blackberry Vodka Cocktail)
- Blueberry Mojito
- Low Carb Strawberry Basil Bourbon Smash
- Keto Irish Cream (Bailey's Copycat Recipe)
- The Garden Surprise -- Gin Cocktail
- Keto Hot Buttered Rum
Orange Creamsicle Mimosas
Depending how sweet your sparkling wine is, you may or may not want to include the optional powdered monkfruit in the Orange Creamsicle Mimosa
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 Mimosa 1x
- ½ ounce vodka or vanilla vodka
- 1 ½ to 2 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (almond or coconut milk for dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon powdered monkfruit (optional, see note above) Code PEACE for 20% off
- 4 ounces dry sparkling wine (champagne or prosecco)
- Combine the vodka, orange juice, heavy cream, and sweetener in a champagne flute and stir until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Top with the sparkling wine and garnish with a slice of orange or an orange twist.
net carbs per serving: 8g
- Serving Size: 1 mimosa
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 11.5g
- Carbohydrates: 8.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.9g
Keywords: low carb mimosa, dairy free orange creamsicle, keto cocktail, low carb alcoholic beverages, orange creamsicle mimosa recipe