Finding a good Whole30 compliant almond milk or coconut milk can be tricky. Check out this easy peasy Low Carb Whole30 Almond Coconut Milk Creamer recipe.
Finding a good Whole30 compliant low carb almond milk or coconut milk can be tricky. Then, once you find a brand you like, you practically need a second job just to keep you stocked up on your favorite nut based milk substitution. I have no idea why I waited so long to make my own dairy free low coffee creamer recipe. Once I realized how easy it is and finally gave it a try, there was no going back. Not only does it save money, but it is the healthiest, cleanest version of keto almond / coconut milk you can find. Making it yourself is definitely the way to go. I was looking for something I could use as a non-dairy creamer and to make a perfectly creamy low carb protein shake. This fits the bill for both of those perfectly.
This low carb almond coconut milk is perfect for low carb protein shakes, keto coffee creamer, dairy free cooking, and anything else you might use milk or heavy cream for. Since I was primarily using it for coffee creamer and for protein shakes, I made it thicker. It is the consistency of heavy cream. For a thinner version similar to a 1 or 2% milk, simply add more water.
Helpful equipment for this recipe:
- Liquid Measuring Cups
- Nut Bag or Cheese Cloth
- High Powered Blender or Food Processor
- Mesh Sieve
- Glass Jar for Storage
- Soak the raw almond over night, covered in water. They will soften and plump. Discard the water.
- Place the almonds in a high powered blender with 2 cups fresh water, coconut cream and vanilla extract. Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Place a mesh sieve over a bowl or a large measuring cup. Place a large nut bag over the sieve. Pour the almond mixture into the nut bag and let it strain through into bowl.
- Close the nut bag and twist around the almond pulp and squeeze. Press firmly into the sieve to extract as much milk as possible.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
It is up for pre-order now. You can grab a copy HERE
- Strawberry Basil Lemon Drops
- Dill Pickle Martinis
- Cucumber Mojitos
- Moscow Mules
- Frosted Rum Cakes
- Lemon Basil Crush
- And even…
- Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms
There is something in this book for everyone!